X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Questions

Hi first question, is a rc plane harder to fly then a drone?

YES
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Ok second question, are the foam airplanes any good to learn on?

Comment

youtube

Comment

Ok I am just a beginner but want a top quality controller. Question! Is there a controller that works with both air planes and helicopters?? Maybe one I can hook up to a simulator?

Comment

Ok and update from my last post! I want a controller that I can use with the beginner planes up to the biggest and best rc planes. And like I said maybe one that plugs in for a simulator. Thanks

Comment

I can't speak for the ability to hook up to a sim but for the rest of it, I would suggest you take a look at some of the Spektrum NX and IX transmitters. They range in price and numbers of channels. Pick one that suits your immediate needs and for future expansion. Any of these can work with beginner planes, helicopters but if you plan on progressing to your "biggest and best" RC planes, then you'll need more and more channels. Read the particulars on the Horizon Hobby site for each and see what they can do. When starting out as you are, it might not be such a good idea to go too big and advanced till you get some air time on your resume. After your initial trial phase, your attitude and plans will be more clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyjoejr View Post
                Ok I am just a beginner but want a top quality controller. Question! Is there a controller that works with both air planes and helicopters?? Maybe one I can hook up to a simulator?
                I have the Radiolink AT10, works with both multi rotor and fixed wing aircraft and I've used it on my simulator as well. It's a Futaba knock off, priced right and can do almost everything you would need. It is limited on how many saved units to it, however for the price it's a great radio to learn with then you can move to something more advanced. I have a Spektrum DX6E and I like the Radiolink a little better but will be updating to the NX8 soon and I'm sure I'll be liking it better then my radio link.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I am looking into my first plane and reading up on the controllers I will keep everyone posted on what I decide.

Comment

help looking for business that can3d print cockpit parts from the thin plastic kit pieces also any one knows where to get a couple of balsa parts for a wing laser cut to replace with stronger 1/8 in thick hard wood

Comment

I'm a beginner. I use a Spektrum DX6e and fly a UMX Turbo Timber. I love the fact that I can repair it with gorilla glue and packaging tape. I use my DX6e with a dongle to fly on the RealFlight simulator.

Comment

Working...
                      X