Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transceiver range, 433 vs 915 mhz

Hello Hobby Squawk forum,

While some years with DC electronics have been acquired, an excursion into radio frequency world is fairly recent.

lClick image for larger version

Name:	Kite_messenger_w_sail_220310_simple_b.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	349676

A device that drops a payload from a single line kite has been developed. The device,
    called the KiteMessenger

uses a sail to ascend the kite line and a 433 mhz transceiver to drop a parachute
    load and allow the KiteMessenger to descend back down the line so the operation
    can be repeated.
    Several transceivers have been employed in an effort to increase the range of the transceiver.
    The latest transceiver
    Wireless Relay 12V Long Range Remote Control Switch, Universal 433Mhz RF Transmitter Receiver Mini Remote Relay in Latched Module for Home Use and More DC 3.7V 4.5V 5V 6V 7.4V 9V 12V - - Amazon.com
    will send the signal out a 1000 meters on the ground but up in the air, for some reason unknown,
    the maximum range is about 90 to 120 meters depending on atmospheric conditions.
    A parachute drop of about 150 to 200 meters is sought.
    Research on single channel remote control transceivers that can send a signal to
    a microcontroller
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Arduino_Beetle_to_Servo_Motor.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	349677
    indicates that besides the transceivers found on Amazon
    like the '433 mhz Wireless Relay 12V Long Range Remote Control Switch' referenced above
    there are also transceivers in the 915 mhz range.
    The question is:|
    Will using a 915 mhz transciever increase the range as compared to a 433 mhz receiver?
    That is, there a relationship between frequency and transmission range?

Thanks.

Allen Pitts
    Dallas Texas

I cannot answer your questions as this topic is somewhat alien to me. Furthermore, I am at a complete loss as to the purpose of your post. This is a general forum based on the hobby of remote control aircraft, boats, cars and land implements, most of which can be considered "toys". You did know this, right? (Did you stumble upon the wrong forum?) Your diagram of a the Kite Messenger and its relationship to this RC hobby completely eludes me. As for the second picture and the associated link about a "wireless relay", it is basically a garage door opener. Again, how is this related to remote control toys?
    You speak of transceiver range in the 1000M. Our typical 2.4GHz radio systems have ranges for our aircraft in the several MILES range.

Comment

Working...
    X