You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The world's largest database of model airfields just got better!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world's largest database of model airfields just got better!

The world's largest database of model airfields and slopes with integrated real-time weather and forecasting just got better!

Now also with runway layouts and dynamic cross-wind identification!

Your local flying club most likely also features in the aeromura app, similar to what you see in the attached screenshots.

With around 10 000 model aircraft pilots around the globe now actively using the app, we thought you might like to share this message with the membership of your group for their benefit.

Android pilots download it for FREE on the Google Playstore here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nworx.aeromura

Apple iPhone pilots download it for FREE on the Apple App Store here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1526771501

You can check out aeromura app promo video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy5iP2CpCxc
    Attached Files

I tried that twice and both times, at a certain point, they asked for money to continue. That's when I dumped the APP. There are far better weather forecasters for every location that are always free. I use 1/2 dozen different free APPs for my own flying location. Averaging them gives me the best prediction of wind, temp, etc. Comparing all of them to Aeromura, Aeromura was just mediocre. It's not a must have and certainly not paying for it.

Comment

Many, many of our pilots would disagree with your sentiment I'm afraid. No other app on this PLANET, will give you what aeromura does...anybody will be able to quickly see that for themselves, if they actually try the app properly...do your apps also give you runway layouts and things like that? I'm guessing they don't. Yes, the app is not free after 10 days, but then you only need to pay a paltry amount of $ 2 per month, or $ 15 per year (which is just over a $ 1 a month), for all the convenience you get. If an RC pilot cannot afford even $ 2 per month for real value-add to their lives through the use of aeromura, then we fail to see why they are in this hobby at all, even. Most of our pilot community has no problem paying $ 2 per month (most just immediately go for the discounted $ 15 per annum fee) - we have even been told (frequently) that it is too cheap, for what they get! But we are not greedy. They also evidently have no problem paying us for our work...because...well...people should be paid a bit for their work. Don't you agree? Or do you work for nothing, yourself? Not to mention we incur costs from our weather providers - we need to recover that somehow. Its not a big money spinner for us...more a labour of love, than anything else. We've been around 4 years now, and our mission is to serve RC pilots to the best of our ability, without ripping anybody off - visit https://www.aeromura.net/history.html to find out more.

Comment

Runway layouts? I know exactly what the layout is of the fields I fly at. And for those that I don’t fly at, if I even cared, I can see them on Google maps, clear as day.
        It’s not even about the money. It’s about paying anything for something that gives information that I don’t need or care about. I can get all the information I need from weather and wind apps for free.
        In fact, it was someone at one of my fields who pitched this app to us. Today, hardly anyone uses it and I don’t think anyone ever paid anything for it. People even call me up to ask which wind apps I use and what they say. They soon get those apps and that’s it. All they ever need or use.
        Oh, and don’t be “afraid” that many, many of “your” pilots disagree with me. I’m OK if a multitude of anonymous entities don’t agree with me.

You should have just left it as my opinion, but you just had to do another sales pitch. That only brought BAD attention. So, now we all can see that YOU, have lots to gain from this. It is YOU, who makes money off this. And there you have it, because I won’t have it. If it wasn’t for the subject matter, I would consider this whole thread to be SPAM. There’s no altruism involved here. It’s all about the money. Keep pitching your product and I will report it as SPAM. Plus, you also posted this in another forum. Cross posting is not officially allowed. Be satisfied that you managed to get your pitch posted in 2 different locations and accept that there are those who don’t want it or need it.

Google wind report - FREE.
        Local news hourly wind report - FREE
        Windfinder - FREE
        WindAlert - FREE
        WindCompass - FREE
        Windy.app - FREE
        Windy - FREE
        Wunderground - FREE
        The Weather Channel - FREE

I can find more but I think that’s plenty and they ALL work well and many even give wind overlays of ground satellite images.

Comment

$15 is more than a dollar a month? Now I have to do math? Yeah, I probably shouldn't be in this hobby. I could spend that money on gyros to control my planes for me.

Or buy me some telemetry.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            $15 is more than a dollar a month? Now I have to do math? Yeah, I probably shouldn't be in this hobby. I could spend that money on gyros to control my planes for me.

Or buy me some telemetry.
            But you need and find good use for those things. But as my opinion and past experience tells me, this app is NOT needed and NOT used by me, thus not of any value to me.

As an appendix .............................. instead of posting up 2 separate solicitations (Spam) for his product, he should have gone to the forum admins and asked for a banner to be placed at the top of the page. If the forum owners deemed it worthy, they would have granted it. I don't know if it still is but it used to be free.
            That's it for me for this one. Leave it to the forum registrants to see it for what it is.

Comment

Working...
            X