X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Flight Evolutio

Hello I just bought Real Flight Evolution simulator and found out it would not work on computers with Gen 12 intel cpu. It loaded with no issues but when I tried to get it going it would go to the picture of a jet and freeze. I checked on the Real Flight web site and they acknowledged that this was an issue. I went on another web site and it looks like intel is aware and they are working on a patch but no time frame as to when it will be available It seems that Real Flight is using software that is 20 years old and not up to date and they said it would be up to intel to fix the issue.
    KInd of bummed out that Real Flight did not make the consumer aware of this issue. I have a brand new high end gaming computer that is more than able to run this program but it has a 12th gen intel. So be aware

I was going to send this back to Tower/Horizon for a refund but this is the message i received from them:
    Per our digital returns policy, we do not allow the return of digital down products. You can review our return policy below.

"In alignment with software industry practices and policies, software that has been opened and/or installed is not returnable. For digitally delivered products, once the software has been downloaded and/or the serial number has been sent, no returns are allowed."

Best Regards,
    Kaleigh
    10 AM - 9 PM EST
    Friday-Monday
    Customer Support
    Horizon Hobby, LLC.

​So now i am out $200 for a product that i cannot use. If they would have made this known that it does not support GEN12 intel gen computers I would not have ordered it. Live and learn.

Comment

That's standard practice for software. Are you using a discrete or integrated GPU? It looks like the current driver for the integrated GPU of the Intel 12th gen processors is not working with Real Flight. If you are using integrated, then you can get a discrete GPU card and it should work fine. Otherwise new drivers will, eventually, be released for the integrated GPU.

Comment

Thx jbaartz for the response. I am using a gaming laptop so I would not be able to get a card. Like you said it looks like I will have to for some new drivers.

Comment

You think thats ridiculous windows 11 cant run on a AMD ryzen 5 processor. It was literally one of the best processors 3 to 4 years ago. Renders graphics and games in highest settings without breaking a sweat. Set one of the best scores in cinebench.
          Of course Microsoft blames AMD because Microsoft sucks at making a working OS.
          Its a realflight/windows issue not intel. Dont take that horse crap excuse. Make them refund you. This is a issue they didnt disclose. Contact your state attorney general. $20 bet youll get a refund of your $200

Comment

Working...
          X