Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum AR8360t receiver

Hi,
    . Being an old man and a newbie, I have a question. On the spectrum receivers where do you hook up the battery ?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Merle View Post
    Hi,
    . Being an old man and a newbie, I have a question. On the spectrum receivers where do you hook up the battery ?
    Thanks
    Power for the RX comes from the red wire of the throttle lead when your ESC has a built-in BEC. You don't need a RX battery. If you have an OPTO ESC (no internal BEC), then the power has to come from an external BEC and that plugs into the the "batt" port of the RX. If there is no separate batt port, then plug it into any unused port on the RX. If you have no remaining free ports, put a Y onto any used port and stick the BEC lead into the other side of the Y. (Mind your polarity.)
    If you are using just a RX battery when there is no internal or external BEC, then it can be plugged in the same way as an external BEC but the voltage must be compatible with the RX (ie, ~5.5V).

Comment

Thank you very much. I am going with a bec due to this being a gas plane. Without the "y" I will have the bind port unused but also have a bind button thanks so much for your very detailed reply it is much appreciated.👍👍👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by Merle View Post
        Thank you very much. I am going with a bec due to this being a gas plane. Without the "y" I will have the bind port unused but also have a bind button thanks so much for your very detailed reply it is much appreciated.👍👍👍👍
        Gas plane - now I understand better. An external BEC can be powered with a variety of battery voltages as it regulates the power output to what the RX needs. I used to do the same thing with external BECs powered with a 3 cell LiPo. The higher voltage was regulated by the BEC down to the 5.5v for the RX (your RX may accept higher voltage). You can also use LiFe or LiIon of adequate voltage to power the BEC.

Comment

Ahh, okay cool. I have a carbon cub that I am using the battery from now. However I am building the plane now but since I live in Alaska I prolly will not do much till spring. After this one I want to start on a ziroli Corsair.

Comment

Sounds good. I think the battery from a Carbon Cub should be within the voltage tolerance of most external BECs. Just double check.

Comment

Yeppers, I did do that. Just will use that for bench testing but will get some bigger batteries when I get to that point for installing them in the plane .

Comment

Working...
              X