X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update from chabd

Hi everyone, a quick update. I've been to my new club 3 of 4 times, life has just been busy. I've flown the Apprentice there and also the Pioneer, which I enjoy more to be honest. The Apprentice in safe and the Pioneer in safety modes. I've found that my thumbs cannot apply a control input without having a small secondary effect on the other control, whether throttle/yaw, pitch/roll, which can make the flight just a little erratic.

I've decided to buy a NX8, I can't see me needing more than 8 channels, as this has expo and the DXe doesn't, it'll help.

I bought my next two planes the E-flite, 1200mm P-51 BnF and the T-28 BnF. This size is easier to deal with. I chose these because:-

1) They are available, when so many are either out of stock or on backorder.

2) They will use the same batteries as the Apprentice, S3's. Even though they will only afford 'scale' flying, I prefer scale.

3) They are 'compatiable' with the DXe, once the DXe has been updated with new firmware(I'm waiting for the needed cables to arrive). However, without expo, I'll have to fly these in SAFE mode, which is done by using a different binding method, until I have the NX8. I don't expect to start flying either one till summer/fall.

Luckily there are some large grass areas close to home that I can use for practice.

Originally posted by chabd View Post
    Hi everyone, a quick update. I've been to my new club 3 of 4 times, life has just been busy. I've flown the Apprentice there and also the Pioneer, which I enjoy more to be honest. The Apprentice in safe and the Pioneer in safety modes. I've found that my thumbs cannot apply a control input without having a small secondary effect on the other control, whether throttle/yaw, pitch/roll, which can make the flight just a little erratic.

I've decided to buy a NX8, I can't see me needing more than 8 channels, as this has expo and the DXe doesn't, it'll help.

I bought my next two planes the E-flite, 1200mm P-51 BnF and the T-28 BnF. This size is easier to deal with. I chose these because:-

1) They are available, when so many are either out of stock or on backorder.

2) They will use the same batteries as the Apprentice, S3's. Even though they will only afford 'scale' flying, I prefer scale.

3) They are 'compatiable' with the DXe, once the DXe has been updated with new firmware(I'm waiting for the needed cables to arrive). However, without expo, I'll have to fly these in SAFE mode, which is done by using a different binding method, until I have the NX8. I don't expect to start flying either one till summer/fall.

4) At the same time, if you have questions, you can download the GPT Chat application on the phone platform Ask AI Premium Mod APK
    Luckily there are some large grass areas close to home that I can use for practice.

The E-flite P-51 and T-28 look like great choices, especially since they use the same batteries as your Apprentice. It's always helpful to have planes that use the same batteries, as it simplifies things and saves you money.

Using SAFE mode is a good way to fly these planes until you have the NX8, especially since you prefer scale flying. And having access to large grass areas for practice is a great advantage.​

Comment

You might want to look into a radio tray. It straps to your neck and holds your radio so you can use the controls by pinching them with your index finger and thumb

Comment

It fastens around your neck and keeps your radio in place so you can access the controls by squeezing them between your thumb and index finger.
        drift hunters

Comment

Originally posted by davidmarco View Post
          It fastens around your neck and keeps your radio in place so you can access the controls by squeezing them between your thumb and index finger.
          drift hunters
          Sounds like a good idea, I'll definitely try it if I can't make the NX8 work on it's own, I have hands like shovels, so I might end up going this path.

Comment

Working...
          X