X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo charge rate

A question for the squark team.... i have been charging my lipos at 1 c for ever and a day,, but it takes forever on a sat night(mostly fly sunday morn) have watched u tube vids on increasing the charge rate,, but not tons of info..... so thought i would ask the team about their charge rates... i have a new charger coming ,, will b able to charge 3 lipos at a time.....will help alot but still interested in some opinions on charge rate ...thanx in advance

I charge at 3c with no problems in seven years on the first batterys I bought when I got back into flying again with all the new tech (28 year hiatus).
    Some will have another opinion but here is mine and it works for me and the many different brands of battery.

Ron.
    AMA 424553

Comment

not all of the batteries I own had instructions. but some of the labels say up to 3c some say up to 8c. not sure the reasoning why some are conservative and some say blast them with nuke power LOL.
      I typically just set my spektrum batteries at 2C even though they say up to 3. these have been some of the best batteries I've ever owned. I'm very happy with them and will continue to buy more.
      I do not have any puffed batteries at all. especially now that I bought a high quality charger. (Icharger 308 duo). it literally makes a huge difference. I came from a Hitec charger which is a rebranded sky rc charger. I would highly recommend investing in a good charger.

I don't want to suggest any charge rate for you because I don't know what brand they are and what the build quality of them are. I've seen cheap priced lipos from amazon like Sokokin perform extremely well. some of the worst batteries i've ever owned have been turnigy and gens ace. both brands didn't last a few uses and they puffed up like a balloon using my old Hitech charger. could have been the charger. like I said, I got rid of it but never bought another turnigy or gens ace battery.

with a more powerful charger you can also charge at higher rates. just get a power supply that can keep up. I use a HP proliant server power supply from ebay. paid $20 for 2 of them.

Comment

Working...
      X