X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im out

After getting a couple of problem laden kits Ive decided that Im calling it quits. Thanks to motion rc for the past year of help. I have sold off the fleet and one day may come back.

Re: im out

Sorry you decided to leave the hobby. <smiley image="smiley_unhappy.gif"/> I hope you can enjoy RC flying again in the future. Can you tell us what kits caused you problems? That might help others to be cautious about buying the plane.

Comment

Just various kits that had various issues. There was more frustration than satisfaction. Last of the aircraft sold on the weekend. Maybe in a few years when I decide to get back into the hobby things will have changed. I don't understand why out of the box and build is not the end of 50% of these kits. There were plenty that lived up to beyond exoectations. Ie roc hobby stuff and the majority of the freewing and fms stuff. The one that sealed the deal for me was the fms alpha v2. This was, and I'm sure I will be censored for saying this, literally junk. The elevator clevis's were so loose you had a full 1/4" of movement up or down. Impossible to center. The ailerons hung up and would never return to neutral. The landing gear blocks were broken out of the box and it would veer off to the right on taxi. All in all I sold it as is and hope the next guy has better luck. Had a new f4 kit that I didn't even want to assemble. Sadly had 4 new aircraft that were never even flown. But like I said once I get a bad taste and crap product I'm out. And this time I'm out for good.

Comment

Sorry to hear we are loosing you. RC building and flying can take a great deal of patience. Most of the more expensive planes go together like a dream, while some less expensive planes are a nightmare. I am assembling a HK GeeBee R3 1400 mm plane. In my 58 years of model plane building I have never had one this difficult. It requires a great deal of modifying and the so called instructions are worthless. However, I love a challenge, especially when I see a beautiful plane at the end. What else am I doing on these cold winter days? I have taken many cheap planes and turned them into a great flyer that I'm very proud of. For most RC pilots, it's an obsession! I hope you come back to the hobby. The Doctor

Comment

Kokanee,

I also am a long time pilot. I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. It's true that some of the foam stuff is pretty awful, but most of it is not and the picture is improving all the time. You should not, however, expect to simply stick a plane together and go conquer the skies. Problem solving is a key part of this hobby. If you'll notice, every one of them comes with the statement "This is NOT a toy". There are several reasons for that.

I would suggest that you find an experienced flyer/builder who can help with some of the more common items. If there's a club in your area look them up and ask.

I'm just wondering, from your 'picture' I get the impression that jets are your thing. Is this true?

Comment

Working...
          X