X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement screws and springs

Does anyone know where miniature screws and springs, like the ones found in pnp and arf's, may be purchased on line? They are never included in spare parts. The Doctor

Re: replacement screws and springs

I'd like to know the same thing. My retract fell out on my 1450 Mustang and the spring is gone. Why don't they offer this spring as a replacement. Also, I'd like to know why there were no retainer screws in my retracts. There is a threaded hole for screws at the top of the shaft.

Comment

Duratrax brand (R/C company) makes sets of different small screws. Your local R/C store or online R/C places have them. I ordered the "Metric Flat Head Screw set--DXTQ0150) set. It has assorted sizes of self-tapping, machine and hex screws Also has different size nuts and lock nuts. There are different sets that Duratrax offers. I do not know where to get the springs. Maybe your local R/C store can direct you.

Comment

There are youtube videos showing how to make springs. It looks very simple. I haven't tried it yet, but I will let you know when I have. The Doctor

Comment

I don't know why I didn't think of Grainger or McMaster-Carr. Someone on another forum reminded me of them. I ordered a 5 pack of springs at Grainger this morning. They are supposed to be here tomorrow. I will let you know how they work.

I think both of these will work.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#9434k44/=rnzsdc

http://www.grainger.com/product/Compress-Spring-1NCL8?s_pp=false

Comment

I just picked up the springs from Grainger. They are 1" x 0.24". The tension feels right also.

Comment

Working...
            X