You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom AIRPLANE STANDS (Complete How To Video)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom AIRPLANE STANDS (Complete How To Video)

Custom PVC Airplane Stands (Complete How To Video)

Let your imagination be your gateway to creating the coolest plane stand around. This video will show you what parts are needed, the rest is up to you. Good Luck and have at it pilots. Please send me your creations.
    Wisconsin John

Custom Plane Stands:

Check out my latest videos on my YouTube (HANGAR 37) channel:

Thanks Wisconsin John

Great video John, gives me some ideas...

Comment

Thanks for sharing that, John. That multi-plane stand is one of the best designs I've seen. Great work!

Comment

I built this one after watching your video on the T-45 build. Didn't know you had a special video on stands. Anyway, this one fits in my Jeep JK and I can carry my T-45 and T-28 no problem.
        Comes in handy for checking retracts, etc.
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

John, are you using 1" PVC on the big 12 plane stand? I'm going to build one this weekend. I got my Superior Tool 37116 One Handed PVC Cutter ordered today from Amazon, I'll have it Friday. :)

Comment

Great ideas, John. I see myself building a couple individual plane stands, and think a multi-plane stand will be necessary if my fleet gets any larger!

Comment

I made this one for my larger EDFs with flat fuse sections, F-14, 15, 18

Comment

I love these ideas you guys come up with for model stands, transport and storage solutions. Some are very of them are amazing.

Martin

Comment

I made a transport for my F7F.

Comment

Could you post a pic of the front and back?

Comment

I added the two side rails to aide in assembly and keep the plane from tipping. I'll finish painting it when I can spray it outdoors.

Comment

I like it! I'll be in building one of my own for my Tigercat.

Comment

Nice set up WJ, thanks for sharing. I've been using a 4' x 8' ping pong table to store planes on and parts/materials under. Also using a 4'x 8' alum. frame + plexiglass section hung from my ceiling in my garage - no basement. I have to use your set up to go vertical off the ping pong table to the ceiling to make room for the Avanti S, a big a*! :a10and who knows what else this year f4phantom:f18. I thank you sir, but the wife will not. I may crack under questioning, but I will try to keep your real name out of it.;) Thanks again.:Cool:

Comment

Phatbob; what size PVC did you use? The stand I built for my P-38 is 3/4" but it seems like 1/2" would work equally well.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                              Phatbob; what size PVC did you use? The stand I built for my P-38 is 3/4" but it seems like 1/2" would work equally well.
                              3/4" .....

Comment

Working...
                              X