X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skymule

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but HK has dropped the Skymule . Whats the chance of Fliteline making one along these lines

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

That's a shame. Still available in Russia warehouse. I still have mine and fly it regularly. Mine has the "return home" stabilizer on it with Buddy Box (to turn it off) and flies rock solid. I had a mishap with my first one and I bought another one. My flying buddy also bought one and he still flies his. I think it's fashioned after the "Buffalo".

Comment

There is a V2 of the SkyMule on the way. It has different landing gear, they have added flaps, lights and a servo controlled cargo door at the rear. They showed a few shots of it in one of their videos at a show in the UK. The Mule is a nice sized and good flying model which somewhat looks like a BN2 Islander.

I put nearly 400 flights on mine before I crashed it in a spectacular way through a tree.

That said, I would be very interested in something around the same size but a little more scale oriented from Flightline, like maybe a C-123 or C-160.

Comment

" I crashed it in a spectacular way through a tree. "

If your gonna crash, ya might as well hope its gonna be spectacular! Lol

Jeff

Comment

Wow, I haven't noticed that the Skymule had been dropped. I think they are neat and you can do a lot of different mods to it. I was hoping to have one in the future. I look forward to seeing what the V2 version looks like and has to offer. It would be cool if MRC could have a similar version. I haven't had the opportunity to order from HK, but I have heard some bad experiences one might have. Thanks for the heads up Bryan!
          Still Learning:D

Comment

HK can be difficult to deal with when it comes to customer service. I have not ordered from them for a long time now. Too difficult to resolve quality issues and return items. Their prices are low for a reason. Parts are always an issue with them. They will sell an item with no spare parts available.

Comment

Yea I've dealt with them some in the past but it's a horror show to get any thing accomplished.

I really like the Skymule but there is no support for it . From what I can tell it was a very popular plane .

Bryan
              But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I think it was a pretty popular plane for them and heard many good and great things about it. I have heard of some issues for the first ones that came out with the motors being out of sink. It does seem to be a work horse and has many things you can do with it.
                Still Learning:D

Comment

[QUOTE=Capt. Crunch;n49192]" I crashed it in a spectacular way through a tree. "

If your gonna crash, ya might as well hope its gonna be spectacular! Lol

Jeff
                  I kinda like the idea of a spectacular "crash", mine are kind of boring.

Comment

Hello there, I have been a HK costumer for few items, and for the majority of the things I purchased from them I have not had any issues, of course that was until I did. However, I charge my problem to the fact that I am an inexperienced pilot; therefore, I cannot at this point say that my issues were manufacturer related or so.
                    I purchased things from Motion RC, and I have to say that when it comes to costumer service, there is no comparison with any other place that I have been getting things from. Motion RC is much superior and they seem to understand inconvenience as well as how to make you satisfied with the results. I also was victim of this place called "General Hobby" if you are inexperience like me, I am asking you please stay away from that place, you are only going to waste your time and money. There is no way to get your money back should something happen, and if you try to contact their costumer service, they will never call you back. I had called at several times, until one day this guy "Richard" answered the phone and pretended he did not understand what I was talking about, and without asking me anything, he said, "no problem, no problem, tomorrow, tomorrow". I said, tomorrow what? are you going to send me a replacement? to what he replied, "tomorrow, tomorrow". I had no choice but to hang up the phone because I was getting no where with this guy.

Thus far to me the best places to get things are Motion RC, also, Horizon Hobby, and Hobby King.

Thank you

Comment

I use to be a customer of both Hobby King and at times General Hobbies. I place a premium on customer service and avoid those companies that do not give such. You take your chances with General Hobbies, as I know from experiences. Before Motion RC, I made a purchase from them and it was a nightmare. No customer service at all, and HK is not much better. They search for ways to avoid warranty or make good on poor quality. I noticed that they increased their prices significantly lately. Now, this takes big "balls" considering the poor reputation for customer service. One would be wise to avoid both and stick with Motion RC.

Comment

Working...
                      X