X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian Planes

It would be really nice to see Fliteline make a really GOOD low wing single or twin maybe along the lines of the Dynam Grand Cruiser. As much as I love the Warbirds we need a good built Civilian style .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

I definitely agree it would be great to see perhaps a more rare or unique model. My personal interest would be the beautiful Lockheed Vega that was made famous by Amelia Earhart.

Denny

First flight of my electric powered Lockheed Vega design as flown by Amelia Earhart March 1st 2014
    *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
    *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

How about a compromise? ;)

TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Ooh, a Ventura! That's my style, TiredIronGRB.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

The challenge we've encountered when running the cost analysis on producing a civilian aircraft is that their license owners can sometimes be even more... "aggressive" than the military licensees.

So if any of you have an In at Beechcraft, etc, let me know!

Comment

I can see the problem (and added expense) with licensing when it comes to civilian planes. Personally, I own only a few such models in my collection of 3 dozen. I can probably count them on one hand and have fingers left over. I have several planes that don't take after anything in real aviation and some that are pure fantasy. The way I see it, we see real civilian planes flying overhead and sitting at airfields all the time. It's not as exciting to see them flying in model form. Sure, we all have our favorites but at least for me, military planes interest me the most. It's sort of like going to a big airshow. It's the military stuff most of us go to see. So, with that in mind, buying a plane that has added cost due to licensing, copyright, etc, doesn't have the same appeal. Not sure they would sell well enough to justify bringing too big a variety to market.

Comment

XV, you may be partially correct, I do enjoy the war birds at air shows, but I also like the aerobatic displays put on by great pilots in non war birds. I also like to see planes of historic significance just do a nice fly by or two. Same is true when I am at the Smithsonian, I like the war birds, but I also find myself lingering at the civilian planes that helped make history.

I don't have three dozen planes, yet, but of the dozen I do have, I enjoy flying my FMS Cessna and Dynam WACO as much as I enjoy flying My FMS Mustang and Freewing ME-262.

With the exception of my HK SkyMule and Skipper, all of my planes are models of something real, and most have been wrapped or painted by me to more closely represent an actual aircraft. For me, flying a model of a real plane, military or not, is the fun of the hobby. It affords me an opportunity to do something in miniature that I will never be able to do for real.

I know there are hurdles in obtaining license that developers and manufacturers have to deal with that we are rarely aware of. I'm sure there is a better chance of making a profit with a product that can be advertised as "exciting and historic," rather than just "historically significant".

However, when I see the seemingly never ending array of war birds and aerobatic planes available, would a Vega, Ford Trimotor or Electra be too much to dream about? Lets face it, we don't see planes like a Vega sitting around at airports these days, so a nice one at the RC field would probably get as much attention as most war birds.

Comment

Keep this thread going guys, we want to hear your thoughts on Civilian planes. Light Sport, Single engine, Turbo Prop, Twin engine, etc. Cessna, Beechcraft, Piper, etc. Let us know years, styles, colors schemes etc. The more ideas the better.

Here is one of my personal favorites, the Beechcraft Baron G58
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Hawker_Beechcraft_Beechcraft_Baron_G58_530673_i0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.8 KB ID:	51485
                Mark

Comment

I have 31 planes, none are civilian...closest thing I have is a couple L4s...I don't even have a non WWII plane.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I only have one, and it was given to me by a friend, a Dynam Cirrus SR-22. I ended up adding and interior and repainting it. I wouldn't mind a Grumman Goose. Such a classic and versatile airplane that could double as a warbird!

TiredIron, nothing other than WWII? You gotta get an 80mm F-86. That is one plane no collection should be without. You'll thank me later ;).

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                      TiredIron, nothing other than WWII? You gotta get an 80mm F-86. That is one plane no collection should be without. You'll thank me later ;).
                      Yeah, what he said!

Comment

Yes, the Beechcraft Baron G58 would be awesome! Also, a Beech King Air 200 would be pretty sweet. And, I'd really love a nice scale looking Learjet Model 35 edf.

Comment

The Grumman Goose and Beechcraft Baron G58 are both excellent choices I'd love to have in my hangar. Piper Seneca and King Air C90gti are similar to the Baron.

I would add the Beechcraft Starship, Bugatti 100P, and Eclipse Concept Jet. Heck, throw in a Diamond DA-42 Twin Star, just for the heck of it.

Comment

Beechcraft Starship. Canard Twin Pusher Civilian. Not many of those!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Five left that are flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                The Grumman Goose and Beechcraft Baron G58 are both excellent choices I'd love to have in my hangar. Piper Seneca and King Air C90gti are similar to the Baron.

I would add the Beechcraft Starship, Bugatti 100P, and Eclipse Concept Jet. Heck, throw in a Diamond DA-42 Twin Star, just for the heck of it.
                                You showed us the picture but talked around it !!
                                That Lockheed Electra absolutely calls to me for the civi line because 1) it is a twin and 2) big tires and stout gear for grass.
                                If not that then the compromise as TiredIron indicated earlier......... Ventura
                                Either way the Fuz's on both are beefy for big Lipos.
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

And of course an Aero Commander in R.A. Bob Hoover's colors.

Comment

Yes, OV10, the Lockheed Electra I just had to sneak in. Dynam's BF-110 has a reliable setup for controlling a twin tail like the Electras. Big wheels are a plus.

What else would you guys n' gals like to see? Keep it coming! ;)

Comment

Aeronca Champ, 1600mm sized.

Comment

A nice low wing twin with GOOD landing gear that can handle grass . There are quite a few high wing singles on the market to choose from but a low wing twin with power would be great. I feel like the MFGS may have over looked that many of us only have grass for runways .

Bryan
                                        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
                                        X