X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyzone Beaver or Eflite Timber

I have the Flyzone Beaver , not had on the water yet , and flown it a few times with the wheels and I really like it . I have been looking at the Efite Timber for some time and like it too . I don't need or want two of these style planes . My question is , Who of you have both and which do you prefer ?

I did add Dave Browns to the Beaver and went up a half inch in size .

Thanks Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Hi Hippie,

I don't have the FlyZone Beaver. However I do have Timber, and I can say it really is a delightful plane to fly. It will fly slowly and land almost vertically using the flaps. It the same time it will also perform basic aerobatics. Loops, rolls including 4 point rolls, stall stall turns, spins and inverted flight. It does require a lot of down elevator to fly inverted, but it will fly inverted figure eights with no problem. I like to land it on one wheel and then roll to the other wheel. Its a great fun model and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a "Cub" type model. Flying time is around 6 maybe 7 minutes with a 3S 2600mah battery. I don't have the L/E slats installed because they have to be glued in place and fitting them would limit the aerobatic capability. I've found it flies really well without them.

I haven't as yet flown it off the floats because I don't have a lake close by. Although I do have ever intention of trying it off water. The floats are simple to fit and i'm sure it won't be a problem.

Martin.

Comment

Hippie 64, are you looking to fly on grass at some point in the future? I noticed you said "yet." I prefer the Beaver on water. Difficult to explain, but it's just... more comfortable. The Timber, which I've also operated on water, is a more well rounded aircraft, with more options, etc. If you're not looking to have two of these similar planes, then rest assured you've got a good plane already with the Beaver and I hope it lives long! If one day it decides to... leave your hangar... then you wouldn't be wrong to consider replacing it with the Timber. I haven't tried swapping larger Dave Browns onto the Timber yet, though. But I'm sure it can be done with minimal effort.

If you just want a big plane on floats and don't mind a non-scale subject, the Techone Air Titan with float sets is the most capable one I've flown so far. I get a kick out of the LED version, which is useful especially in the winter season with shorter days.

If you want to fly off of water, there is an optional float set available with working rudders so you can easily takeoff and land on any pond or lake. And th...
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Martin and Alpha thanks for your replies . The only reason its not been wet yet is because of the lack of area close to me . I will be back at my Folks home a few times over the next couple of months and we have great ponds on our property that I'll using . I do enjoy the grass with it and the Dave Browns added some clearance from axles to the ground and are more shock absorbing. I did consider the Dubro inflatables but my understanding the added weight might be too much .

Bryan
        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I too am trying to decide between the beaver and the Timber.
          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I have had the FZ beaver since its introduction and it is a great trainer type flyer. Slow roll rate. I flew wheels for the first few flights then floats or skis since. It is not a quick thing to change from wheel to float and unless they improved the hardware you will round out some VERY soft screws(i have changed mine to better screws and silicone grease them for easier changes). It will fly ridiculously slow with full flaps. The nav lights make dusk flying easy. Some real magic to flying slow a foot off the water at dusk. Pretty cool doing stall turns,loops and hammerheads with floats, cant explain it but it makes me chuckle every time.
            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Well I ordered the FZ Beaver Island Wings version. Looks like I got the last one. I think it will make an excellent slow Sunday flier. I can't tell from the videos I've seen, but I think they made some changes in the Island wings one vs the original. I'll know when it comes in.
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
              X