X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Twinstar ARF

flies well, but left engine starts when right motor is at 1/2 throttle. What's with that?????? Something changed. I've flown nitro twins, but this puzzles me.

Have you done the "throttle calibration" on both ESCs? Have you got the throttle trim tab as low as it will go? What about the throttle travel sub-trim? Didn't mess with it, did you? These are ALL considerations on an electric power system. Nitros are not a good comparison for what you must do to synchronize both motors. Nitros need throttle trim in the middle where all "new models" in the memory start off with as liquid fueled motors must be able to idle. Electrics need to be "OFF" when stick is at the bottom.

Comment

As a precaution, take the props off before doing the throttle calibration; the ESCs shouldn't arm until the throttle is set to minimum, but ...

Comment

these are good, safe suggestions. the thing I have not done is check the throttle sub trim , but why would that affect only the left motor? And yes, the throttle calibration was completed. Also did a throttle curve and the left motor sounds faster.

Comment

If you are able, check that each ESC are set to the same parameters. If in doubt, set them both to factory default. Has this plane been crashed or subjected to a prop strike? This could cause internal damage to one of the motors. If one motor shaft is not running true of if a magnet in one motor is loose, they won't both run the same. Was this plane brand new to you or was it bought used? Check the 3 wires on each motor? Are they all in good shape? Connections to ESC solid?

Comment

So, I assume the ESCs are connected to the Rx with a Y cable, right? Did you disable one BEC?

Comment

Also try doing the Calibration just one side at a time

Comment

Doing them seperatley is the way to go with it.

Martin.

Comment

Calibration completed, no BEC's in system, why would one be used. Aircraft instructions say nothing about set ups.

bc'

Comment

Originally posted by corsair167 View Post
                    Calibration completed, no BEC's in system, why would one be used. Aircraft instructions say nothing about set ups.
                    bc'
                    Please clarify. Did you mean you are not using ESCs with BECs in them or did you mean you are not using BECs at all? Are you using a LiFe RX battery instead?

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                      Please clarify. Did you mean you are not using ESCs with BECs in them or did you mean you are not using BECs at all? Are you using a LiFe RX battery instead?
                      using a single(1) 3S lipo and no BEC's. using MRC ESC units. the esc's plug into the throttle of the recvr. thx for your question

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                        If you are able, check that each ESC are set to the same parameters. If in doubt, set them both to factory default. Has this plane been crashed or subjected to a prop strike? This could cause internal damage to one of the motors. If one motor shaft is not running true of if a magnet in one motor is loose, they won't both run the same. Was this plane brand new to you or was it bought used? Check the 3 wires on each motor? Are they all in good shape? Connections to ESC solid?
                        good questions. No, crashes, plane assembled new by me. used motors (saved $) the motor giving me fits is in reverse rotation . the wires and connections are good

Comment

Working...
                        X