X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby Intro.

Hello all, I am new to the fourms and also fairly new to RC planes.(1yr.of flying time) I started out with a balsa build Perfection with a old school blackhead .61 Rossi with a tuned pipe,this type of planes was designed by a old schooler from Waco,Texas area years ago.The plane is a high wing very similar to a Big Stik, learned lots with this as my first plane,had several minor crashes and decided I did not want learn to rebuild balsa and monokote.I purchased my first foam plane which was a Dynam T-28, nice 2nd trainer plane for me and easy repairs for me. Nice flying plane just retract issues, I then sold it and purchased a Eflite T-28 NICE plane with flawless operating retracts I was then Hooked on Eflite foamys, now I have all Eflite planes.T-28, P-51, Carbon Z T-28 and now the new Eflite P-47 1.2..Motion RC has the fastest shipping and CS I have seen in many years of RC...Thanks Guy's.. You ROCK!! :)

Hi Tom, welcome to Hobbysquawk! That Carbon Z T-28 really is a great flying aircraft.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hi Tom,

The E-Flite Timber is also a lot of fun if you are a fan of E-Flite models. It's also supplied with option floats so you can fly off water as well. I great flying model.

Martin.

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thats great getting into this hobby is quite rewording and the endless learning you get from this (also the bad things that you learn not to do LoL) I have the z-T-28 as well amazing flyer. I also have the prometheus bip I really like that plane as well very aerobatic but also a slow flyer with great performance. I really have to tell yea look into flightline warbirds Alpha is helping in the designs of them and putting out some amazing planes. Their electronics are good and retracts are very good. The other major fact is their pricing at normally 199 for the 1200 mm and 349 for the 63' size great quality and details. I just thought I would give you something else to look at as well. I hope all of your flying ends with another awesome sorority happy flying!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guy's...Brad, I love the looks of the Eflite Carbon Z Prometheus 1.2. this is the one your referring to? I really dig fast planes....:D

Comment

Here was my starter plane, nitro with an Old Rossi .61 with tuned pipe.had cheap receiver problems went down very bad...:@

Comment

Same type of plane as above. I purchased this last one to be found in my area about 2 months ago. This one is electric,with a Power 110 on 8s,it's a beast and very fun to fly.:D Both of these planes were built by the original designer in 1983..

Comment

Hi Tom welcome to the Squawk ....

Bryan
                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Hi Tom

I hold a lot of respect for you and all others that started this hobby with a balsa plane.

That would have never worked for me. :) I had A LOT of hot melt glue in my trainer plane! If I wouldn't of had an easy fixing foam plane to learn on, I probably would have never made it into the hobby!

Jeff

Comment

The yellow plane lasted me about a year in my learning process of flying..it did get a few bumps and bruises along the way. Nothing major til a cheap azz receiver killed it..Lesson learned, NO MORE CHEAP RECIEVERS FOR ME......:rolleyes:

Comment

Welcome, Tom. Yup, If you care about your planes, don't go cheap! Doc

Comment

Working...
                      X