Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. I am excited to be involved in this hobby finally. My name is Randy and at the age of 59 got my first plane as a gift from my wife. I will be visiting this forum a lot in the future to find answers to questions I have not thought of yet. I am so new I don't know what questions to ask but I am sure this will be the place to discuss everything related to this hobby.

Welcome to the hobby, the forum and Merry Christmas! what plane did she get you?
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Welcome to HobbySquawk Randy. Feel free to ask away when you are ready...

Steve

Comment

Hey Randy, welcome to the squawk.

So what plane did your wife get ya?

Comment

Welcome! That is an amazing gift. You will have more fun in this hobby than you can probably imagine. There is always something so incredible to learn and experience, and this forum will be a sensational place to begin. This will likely make the journey even more fun, and minimize mistakes that can be prevented from the get-go. The more you assemble your planes, read, listen to folks, etc., you'll come up with the questions you want to ask :). Let all of us know if we can provide an assistance. Have tons of fun!

Comment

I have a Parkzone P-51D Ultra Micro and a Spektrum DXE 6 channel transmitter. At first glance the plane looks very delicate and fragile! Maybe some spares may be required. Any thoughts?

Comment

Hi rkcroft, welcome to Hobbysquawk! The Ultra Micro series has been very popular over the years; their light weight is one of the aspects that helps them fly so well. They're very lightly wing-loaded and have such little mass that they are difficult to utterly destroy. Sorta like throwing a beetle off a rooftop. You would need to fly it straight into the ground to do irreparable damage. I'd recommend buying a couple spare propellers, as that's what is the most likely to go in the event of a nose over or light crash. Watch YouTube videos of the aircraft flying, too, so you get a good sense of how the aircraft will operate, how long it flies, etc. Another tip is never fly the battery until it's completely dead. We've noticed that's a common occurrence with the UMX planes more than others, and doing so even once can potentially damage your battery forever.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Welcome to our addiction/hobby, be assured as all members can attest to MRC is the best there is, and that this forum is an absolutely great resource for technical or any other questions you may have.

Comment

Welcome Randy, you will find that these are a great bunch of guys and are more than happy to help you.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Welcome Randy!

It won't be long you'll be planning on your next plane. Do you have a simulator? If not and you have never flown I highly recommend one. It will help you learn and establish good coordination and response to what the plane is doing, and save you from crashing your plane while your learning. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Roy B.

Comment

Hallo, i am New on this forum too.i am from germany i Think i can find man answer. My Club in germany mfsv-stleon-rot.de. I wissen alle pilots.ich a good new year 2017. Regards karl-heinz

Comment

Welcome, guys! Karl, You'll find no schaden fruede here! Just friendship and lots of help. Doc

Comment

Welcome Karl. Are you new to the hobby as well?

Comment

Hallo,i Do my hobby since 30 years.First i fly Modells with glow motors,but the last 4 years i fly elektromodells.i am the preiswert from or club.you can see or airfi elf on mfsv-stleon-rot.de .not i walt for my f7f Tigercat from rc-castle.com from hong kong.

Comment

I would recommend a bottle of FoamTac glue and clear scotch tape for repairs, an extra battery, and prop. Have fun. Oh...It's not a hobby...I'ts a disease!

Comment

Welcome to the hobby! It can be frustrating at times when you are new. The difficulties make the successes more rewarding. That perfect landing on the last flight of the day with your favorite bird. Good times with friends at the field. That's what its all about.

It's also an addiction. Better make room for more planes!
                                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                  Welcome to the hobby! It can be frustrating at times when you are new. The difficulties make the successes more rewarding. That perfect landing on the last flight of the day with your favorite bird. Good times with friends at the field. That's what its all about.

It's also an addiction. Better make room for more planes!
                                  Agree 100% couldn't have put it any better especially about that perfect landing...that no one was watching :)
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Welcome to the family and please feel free to ask anything you like and or give us a call during the week. On the micro planes, they are a blast to fly and once in a while require a bit of maintenance or beefing up. Check out my repair and strengthening I did to the Micro E-flite UMX A-10. https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...0-modification Just be sure to keep everything as lightweight as possible!

Comment

Welcome to our family guys, you will be made most welcome and you will find everyone is very helpful. If you have any questions or concerns you will find the answer here. I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you every success and many happy hours flying in the wonderful hobby, sport, addiction, disease.

Martin.

Comment

Thank you for all good wishes.i walt for my tigercat

Comment

Working...
                                        X