X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy E flight apprentice

E Flight apprentice takes off then goes wacky and crashes? Do I need a new receiver? Not sure what's going on

The only time this happened to me was the first time I bound it to a new transmitter. Have you done this recently. The plane should be prone to right itself, not the other way around. Mine seemed to re-stabilize after that first flight.

Are you letting it sit and orient itself prior to taking off?

Comment

Originally posted by N4RF View Post
      The only time this happened to me was the first time I bound it to a new transmitter. Have you done this recently. The plane should be prone to right itself, not the other way around. Mine seemed to re-stabilize after that first flight.

Are you letting it sit and orient itself prior to taking off?
      Yes I have flown it quite a lot. Was having tail shuddering issues and found the receiver was loose and secured that. Tried 3 times to fly after that and it crashed on takeoff every time! I think I will try to re bind it to my transmitter.

Comment

Arty, any luck yet? Would love to hear how it worked out.

Comment

Hey guys welcome to Hobby Squawk!
          We had some issues with ours as well, I'm beginning to wonder about the SAFE technology. Really, if you've flown and are comfortable with it in experienced (read 'normal') mode, you could put a regular receiver in it and be fine, really nervous, throw an A3L in as well. One of the fellows on our club did exactly that (sans A3L) because he was having trouble with it, Flies great without it and all the aerobatics he was doing made it look pretty impressive. Short of that, time to move up, check out the Pandora.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

What do you mean when you say goes wacky and crashes. A couple of times I have had an issue with reversed ailerons when I rebound for some reason. Not the apprentice but other planes with Spektrum RX's. Something to check. I alwasy do a control surface check but sometiems I don't really think about it - okay the ailerons went up and down, it's okay without thinking about - hmm aileron on that side down - that wing rolls up.
            Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

You said that the receiver was loose, when you stuck it back down, was it in it's original orientation? It will have reverse effect if the orientation was changed.

Comment

Working...
              X