X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alerron,elevator and rudder throws

Just bought the freewing CTLS and the spacewalker. anyone have an idea on what the throws should be for the first flight.

I was hoping someone with specific knowledge of these planes would answer you, but since nobody has stepped up yet, I'll give you a generic answer. These planes can be considered fairly docile, "easy to fly" or "learner" type planes and as such, shouldn't be too complicated to get in the air and fly them around. I think that's why Freewing never included throws in the manual. These things should fly fairly well for the novice even if flown on high rates. I don't what type of transmitter you are using for them but I presume it has dual or triple rates and programmable expo.
    Set up the control throws at whatever you get at 100% for high rates (say appox. 15mm) and use some moderate expo to make it less twitchy (say 20% to 30%). If you only have dual rates, then make the low rate something like 70% (also use the same expo). Start flying with low. If you have triple rates available on the Tx, go with high of 100%, mid of 80% and low of 60%. Start on mid and see how it feels to you. Aileron and Elevator will be the most used in the air as most novices don't even tough the rudder except on the ground and even then, they tend to neglect steering it. It might be wise to get a more experienced flyer to help you set it up and maybe even do the maidens for you to get it trimmed out first. There's nothing like hands on help. Internet help can only go so far.
    I know you'd like to have it all in exact mm of control surface travel, but without someone with specific model knowledge, this is a good place to start.

Comment

Working...
    X