X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangar upgrades

As our "TiredIron Aviation" group grows I've added more tabletop space for our weekend fly-ins...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20161230_234954820_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	163.3 KB ID:	56431

...and of course every hangar needs a pilot's lounge ;)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20161231_001433542_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	56430
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

That is awesome!!! I want one of those... ;)

Comment

Looks like my kind of place to hang out! Very nice TI

Comment

One of the guys calls it the "TiredIron Flight Club & Lounge".
        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I'm coming over. Nice!

Comment

You are the 'Man' with a 'Cave'. My workbench is 1/3 that size and I can't see it for all the tools n scraps on it.
            What's your secret........Man Cave Maid????
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              You are the 'Man' with a 'Cave'. My workbench is 1/3 that size and I can't see it for all the tools n scraps on it.
              What's your secret........Man Cave Maid????
              Lol...I had planes underneath it and out in the driveway to put the new carpet and extra section on however I do like to keep a clean shop.
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

..Man Cave Maid????

I need one of them lol. My hangar is a disaster. My biggest problem is when I put something in a "special spot" so I dont lose it...and then cant remember where that spot is when I need it

Comment

Saweeeeeeeeeeet! That's the way to support the hobby with style.

Comment

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!! What a club house! You make me ashamed of my self. I have an 860 sq. ft. shop/hanger and can hardly turn around in the mess! GOT to do something about that. Doc

Comment

Ahhhh man that is sweet! My hangar looks like a porta potty by comparison.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        Ahhhh man that is sweet! My hangar looks like a porta potty by comparison.
                        I spend a lot of time there (I work from home half the time) so I like it to be comfortable, I really enjoy being out there surrounded by all my planes. When we have fly-ins I clear most of the table for the guys to work on their planes and quads.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

My shop is in my unfinished basement and I could easily make it more of a man cave/pilots lounge. You have inspired me. I just wish I had my own private airstrip to go along with it but I would settle for a huge work surface and the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                            My shop is in my unfinished basement and I could easily make it more of a man cave/pilots lounge. You have inspired me. I just wish I had my own private airstrip to go along with it but I would settle for a huge work surface and the lounge.
                            Mine is too. I have some couches and tables down there. It would just take some re-organization to fix it all up. If I hooked up a TV down there, then I'd never need to go upstairs. ;) But SWMBO would probably take issue with that... :D

TI, I notice you use peg-board for your bench top. What is the reason behind that? I'm very curious. Sweet shop by the way. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post

TI, I notice you use peg-board for your bench top. What is the reason behind that? I'm very curious. Sweet shop by the way. :)
                              That's carpet with small green dots.
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

That's carpet with small green dots.
                                Huh.... How about that. I had to take a close look at that. :D

Comment

The corner where the two laptops is where I live, one is for work the other has these tabs open 24/7 ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 10.57.31 AM.png
Views:	297
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	56736
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

That would be the room you would find me in all the time. Nice job on setting that up.

Comment

It does help to have a tidy shop, a place for everything and everything in its place.! It is nice to have a a big shop with a lot of space, but remember the bigger the space the bigger the mess when it gets outa hand.

I have carpet in my shop to, it keeps the feet warm.

Martin.

Comment

Love it so! (Got do something like this) My shop is in a water Pump house, Hanger/lounge is in a travel trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                        X