X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Flaps to Dynam Planes

I purchased the servos and cables to add flaps to my Dynam Hellcat and P-47 from Motion RC.

Both have provisions on the wings to do this. My question is what side does the reverse servo go on and has anyone added flaps to a Dynam plane that has the cutout for the servo and the flap.

I have seen on the hellcat RC Groups thread where one person cut out the flap and then added the hinges and then another place where someone did not fully detach the flap but allowed the flap to hinge on the uncut part of the flap.
    ​​
    I realize that won't last long but was curious how it would work. Basically has anyone done this and do they have any suggestions?

​Thanks,​

Jim

It will work, and work well for a bit. It won't last long so soon as you start seeing splits cut the hinge and install the nilon hinges. As far as what side you want the reverse servo, it really doesn't matter. The only thing it will do is change if you have to reverse the channel or not, but the servos themselves will follow each other no matter what side you have them on.

Comment

HI

I am the dynam flyer here overall so I will be glade to help you out. So for the servos it does not matter which side to put them on. As for the flap hinge I have done both using Dubro CA hinges or the foam hinge. I would actually use the foam hinge that is truly gapless. So just cut the sides not the area between the trailing edge of the wing and the leading edge of the flap. That foam actually last a long time with out tearing apart. If you want a little more protection use some hot glue. Run a small bead of glue along the hinge point and wick of the majority of the glue. This will insure that the foam will not tear apart.

Comment

If you follow the flight line standard the reverse servo is on the right wing

Comment

Originally posted by Jpmcdo View Post
          I purchased the servos and cables to add flaps to my Dynam Hellcat and P-47 from Motion RC.

Both have provisions on the wings to do this. My question is what side does the reverse servo go on and has anyone added flaps to a Dynam plane that has the cutout for the servo and the flap.

I have seen on the hellcat RC Groups thread where one person cut out the flap and then added the hinges and then another place where someone did not fully detach the flap but allowed the flap to hinge on the uncut part of the flap.
          ​​
          I realize that won't last long but was curious how it would work. Basically has anyone done this and do they have any suggestions?

​Thanks,​

Jim
          That is correct, the servo placement will be up too you. The servo can be traced on the wing with black pen. Then, use a dremal tool to grind the opening. At least that's how I do them. It's a perfect 3/8 inch depth on my bit. then you need horns & push rods. Nothing too hard, but yes, hinge the flight surfaces when you make the mods. Enjoy, Matt C/s

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments. Brad at Motion RC also answered the email I sent them as he did above. I have all the parts and will start soon.

Jim

Comment

No prob, I hope to see pics and video soon :)

Comment

I put E-6000 contact cement on all my foam hinges. It doesn't need to be the full length of the hinge, just about every inch. Have never had a failure. Doc

Comment

^ that's a really good idea. Thanks for sharing that! :)

Comment

Working...
                  X