X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX8

I'm trying to copy one plane model to another new Acro model, read the manual still does not work
    Can't seem to change the (copy to) model, the Corsair model I select to copy does appear in the window (COPY) but I can't change the model that the screen shows to copy too. How do I change the copy to model?
    "Help" thanks

Weird. Did you scroll to the "to" line and click the wheel and roll the wheel to the desired memory number? Start with the TX on the model you wish to copy. Know which model memory number you want to copy it to. Now, go back to the main menu "model utilities" and select "copy". It should already be on the model you chose. Then, you should be able to roll the wheel to the model memory number you wish to copy to and then click the scroll wheel. That should do it.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, My DX8 is original model, not a gen2 so I don't have a Model Utilities menu, must be a little different

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by trackbar View Post
        Thanks for your reply, My DX8 is original model, not a gen2 so I don't have a Model Utilities menu, must be a little different
        Thanks again
        Looking at the manual, page 17 of my old DX8, some of it is coming back to me.
        Put the desired "old" model as the "selected" model. IE, that's the one that is on the main screen that you would fly with.
        Go to System Setup and go to Model Copy.
        This should bring up:
        "Model-xx (the name you gave it)"
        to
        "Model-yy (you should be able to scroll to highlight Model-yy and click, then scroll to model number you want it to go to"
        Scroll down to COPY and click it. That ought to do it unless you are out of model memory or your TX is faulty.

OK, one other option. Take a memory card (SD I think) and insert it into the slot and export that model to the card. Take it out as per the procedure in the manual and then put it back in and import that model to another memory slot.
        Another option ........................... Go through ALL the pages of the old model and record what the parameters are, then open up a new memory model slot and duplicate all the settings.

Comment

Just talked to Horizon tech, walked me through it, "Good to Go":)

Comment

Thanks for your help xviper2, was all my bad did not turn the scroll wheel in the right direction...Daaaa...lol
            trackbar from Kelowna says thanks

Comment

Good stuff! It's usually the little thing that gets us.
              Kelowna - nice! I've always wanted to come out to one of your flying events at the local club. I'll get there some day.

Comment

Hey Trackbar, great to have you on Hobby Squawk!
                What are you flying?

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                X