X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam retract question

On the Dynam products I have noticed under the Upgrade tab it shows a retract . What is the difference ? Do they work better at the 50 degree mark were the stock are know to stop working sometimes ? Are they a better retract ?

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Hello Bryan,
    Not all the Dynam birds that have retracts show one in the upgrade tab but of the ones I found there(ME-262 and FW-190) those are considered upgrades only because of the metal trunnion. Better retract???? metal is always better than plastic in that area but I doubt that the electronic part is any better.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Mostly likely it is the metal trunnions. This is the fist thing I replace and all Dynam models.

Comment

Try to replace Dynam with 1.2 E-flite retracts...then you can forget any problems with retracts.:D

I have probably 200 flights between 2 of 6 my E-flite 1.2 birds with NO retract problems...

Comment

Evening all. On the subject of Dynam retracts, yes they are problematic and that brings me to my question. I just acquired a used Dynam ME-262 (always liked that plane). Having owned several Dynam planes with retracts and suffered thru the failures, I was wondering, can you replace the Dynam retracts with the Freewing ME-262 retracts. Both planes appear to be the same size (WS - 1500mm). Has anyone done it? I already know the retracts and the ESC's are the weak links (another thing(s) I'm planning on replacing)

Comment

Working...
          X