X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timber or Tundra

looking to buy the timber or tundra...anyone have both they can compare ?

I don't have both but there are 2 Tundras and 4 Timbers in my small group of flying friends. I have the Tundra and I love it. The guys that have the Timber love theirs. The Tundra is a bit cheaper but the Timber is a better quality plane and has more features. Both fly exceptionally well. The only thing is, if you crash one, the Tundra, being cheaper, you don't cry as much. :redface: Both require some "tweaks" to make them hold together better. The Tundra needs the suspension rods on the mains secured with spots of hot glue because they can turn and go crooked. The Timber needs the motor mount/firewall/cowl assembly reinforced as they've been known to yank out and hang from the ESC wires in mid-air. The Timber also has the advantage of coming in a BNF with "SAFE". My Tundra is upgraded to 4s and has the HobbyEagle A3-L stabilizer, so it very similar to the Timber's stability, just no SAFE.
    Flying wise, both are great airplanes. Both take off short, fly slow, land slow and can do aerobatics. If you wait a while, HobbyKing will soon bring out their "color" Tundras with softer tires. Parts may be easier and faster to get with the Timber although HobbyKing does keep some parts in their US warehouses.

Comment

If the timber had a top battery compartment, it would be a slam dunk. Why in the word did they put it under the plane ? The paint scheme on the timber is pretty boring also, much better colors on the tundra, and the three new colors they are coming out with, and they new will have a reverse feature to use when your on floats. Timber has the better wing removal....I still can't figure out which one to buy...

Comment

That battery access on the Timber is a major complaint.

Comment

Depends on if you wanna deal with this or not. Yes this happen to my buddies timber in mid air. Another buddy has a tundra, and honestly is alot more durable

Comment

Also look at this thread as my buddy wasn't the only one with this issue. https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...e-timber-issue

Comment

The only Issue I've had with the Timber are the week landing gear, I fixed it by switching the wheels to floats. See my video's to see how sweet it lands on the water. https://youtu.be/KOW5c0NopIg

Comment

I have an E-Flite Timber, and I know some people have had various problems with it. The motor mount coming away from the fuselage and also issues with the landing gear. Personally I've never had any problems with mine. I find it is a delight to fly and it handles really well. I wouldn't call it a trainer, although it could be used as a trainer providing it was on a buddy box. It has great STOL capability and it is capable of loops, rolls, spins, and inverted flight. All in all I think it's a nice model. I've yet to fly it off water although I am looking forward to it. I don't have the Tundra and I have never flown one.

Martin.

Comment

Working...
                X