Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dkalwishky, just my name (Dave Kalwishky). Now I feel like I should change it to something cool! :)

Comment

Mine is pretty simple. I have a love for warbirds and WWII airplanes in general. I just feel that I was born too late.

Bob

Comment

Always had an affinity for biplanes. First scale plane built was a Guillows Neuport 11 when I was 9. Went to Rhinebeck the first year Cole Palen opened the Aerodrome, as a kid. Built and flew many U/C, F/F, and RC bipes over the course of many years. Only have five in the hanger now from a 27% Pitts M-12 to a UNX Beast. So,two wings and my initials T J.

Tony

Comment

Man, I always wanted to go see Cole Palen and all those old birds at Rhinebeck.
          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Daggerdave = First time I ever logged into a chat board many, many years ago (when modems were 14.4k) I had to create a name. The board was a bike related one and since I road a custom framed mountain bike called a Dagger and my name is David, I did Daggerdave. Now just as many people call me Dagger, or DD as call me by my name.
            MRC: Avanti S, F7F Tigercat. Eflite: Carbon Z Cub, A-10, P-47, Micro Radian. Flex Innovations: QQ300, Night Cessna 150, HK Night Walrus, Parkzone F-27 Stryker, Micro F-27 Stryker, Night Vapor, Micro Mosquito

Comment

Mine is a reference to my "previous life" ~
              I'm a retired Army Chief Warrant Officer 4, flew Cobras part of my career (the bird in my avatar was one of the aircraft I flew before it became part of the Army Heritage Foundation).
              However, most of my career was spent as an Instructor Pilot & Maintenance Test Pilot in OH-58D Kiowa Warriors.

Everything I flew is now retired -
              Old & put out to pasture like me, LOL!! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                I'm TiredIron because I used to collect and restore military vehicles.

​​​​​​​Others...

​​​​​​​

Dude! That Stuart is sick! Is that yours or did you rebuild to sell?

Anyway, "Beeg" is what my wife and some friends call me because my initials are BGB so they shortened it to just beeg...

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Dude! That Stuart is sick! Is that yours or did you rebuild to sell?.
                  Sold it...

TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Sold it...
                    That would be so cool to have in your front yard. I've always wanted some SAM's. Particularly a Hawk battery along with a Nike Ajax and Hercules.

Comment

@ TiredIronGRB ~
                      Awesome work on the restorations, especially the M114 with the Blackhorse 11ACR insignia!
                      That was my old unit in Germany during the Cold War / Border Recon days -
                      Before peace broke out and ruined everything... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Chief58D View Post
                        @ TiredIronGRB ~
                        Awesome work on the restorations, especially the M114 with the Blackhorse 11ACR insignia!
                        That was my old unit in Germany during the Cold War / Border Recon days -
                        Before peace broke out and ruined everything... ;)
                        You've probably been around that one, those are the markings that were on it under all that white house paint (It was on a firing range for years).
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I love RC jets. My first one was a Bob Violet A-4 Skyhawk back in the 70's. I had to have it after the Blue Angel's came to town for an airshow. Man I was a kid back then... took me about a year to build. Crazy thing is I dressed it up in military colors. Anyway, I got out of the hobby for many years and when I came back, whoa dude.... look at all the foam EDF jets available! Stuff I could have only dreamed of at one time. It did not take long and I was drawn right back to the jets. I also have some prop planes but mostly warbirds and mostly jets.

Comment

Sold it...
                            I

Damn nice.... Got anything in a Pershing Missle? preferably something with stripes.

Comment

My oldest daughter entered a photo contest at her elementary school about 20 years ago (she's 28 now). The theme of the contest was, "If I Had..." and the student finished the sentence. Bam chose "If I Had Wings". She took photos at our local GA airport (LZU), at an air show and then had a neighbor fly her over our neighborhood and her school. She won the contest and went on to the next level. "If I Had Wings" is a great memory for both of us, and it captures my daily dream....
                              GP Sport Zero, scratch built MA Sky Skimmer, VQ SBD, Eflite Pulse XT & RV-9, FW Stinger 64, Hanger 9 Saratoga, GP P6-E Hawk, FMS Stuka & B-25, Lanyu Do335, PZ Albatros, Eflite Hurricane 25e, Airfield F4-U, Freewing P-51D, Dynam Tempest, Bf-110 & 182, GWS Mustang & Formosa, FZ Switch, Eflite L-4, RocHobby Critical Mass, Alien Aircraft Gadget, RCM&E scratch built CanDoo, Dynaflite Piece O’Cake, HK Ventus, FZ Beaver, Avios Sea Fury, Uravitch 52" OV-10, Herr Engineering J-3

Comment

I think my "handle" is quite explanatory. My best friends & most faithful companions one can have. Max is my 3rd Yorkie, a Toy class. My 1st two were Teacups, "Bo" & "Bubba".

Denny
                                *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                                *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Mine is from my DC-8 days. The bogie trim kept the gear truck parallel with the airframe and was the weakest link in the hydraulic system as it didn't have a hydraulic fuse. Just liked the term and wanted something a bit obscure.

Comment

To all of you that served a heart felt thank you. For my avatar I wanted to use a photo my father took of a F4U Corsair which was hit by ground fire and successfully bellied in at his Army base in Korea. But I couldn't position the pic properly. So I used Chris Walken "more cowbell" because it's funny as hell.
                                    My dad is a Korean War vet and was a semi-pro baseball player who turned down a contract with the Pittsburgh Athletics(pirates).
                                    Anyway, my Dad's nickname is Boots and our last name is Warrell. Boots Whirlygig. Here is my dad, then and now.

Comment

Major respect to your father! Thank you for sharing the story and photos, too.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Tell your dad thank you for his service from me.

Comment

I think we all know why I chose my call sign...look out below

Comment

Working...
                                          X