X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNF vs. PNP

I haven't gotten into the electric aspect yet, so I really don't know the difference, what is the difference between the two?

BNF is the industry acronym for Bind N Fly which means that the model comes with a Rx installed.
    PNP is the industry acronym for Plug N Play which means that the model requires you install your Rx.
    In both case all the rest of the electronics such as servos, motor, ESC are preinstalled.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yep that would be correct ov10 could not say that any better. Getting into electric flight is amazing most people( including me) never venture over to gas/nitro ever again. The ease and cleanliness of electric can not be beat. If I want sound I use MrRcsound system and that my friend is awesome for sure. Happy flying and hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
        BNF is the industry acronym for Bind N Fly which means that the model comes with a Rx installed.
        PNP is the industry acronym for Plug N Play which means that the model requires you install your Rx.
        In both case all the rest of the electronics such as servos, motor, ESC are preinstalled.
        Thank you, I knew the acronyms but wasn't sure of the differences.

Comment

Hi MEDIC1972, and welcome to Hobbysquawk. The information that OV gave you is spot on, but there are nuances to it as well that you need to look out for. BNF is a trademark of Horizon Hobby and there are other manufacturers out there that offer "Transmitter Ready" models, which are essentially the same thing. The best thing that you can do when purchasing a model is to look at the Requires or Needed to Complete portion of the models overview. Also, some BNF models will include batteries and/or chargers, so you should look for this as well and maybe save a few bucks!! Happy Landings!!

Comment

Working...
          X