X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WISCONSIN enthusiasts??

Anybody out there from Wisconsin? Looking to make some friends that are just as into flying as I am. Or if someone knows of some clubs to join near the Madison area please let me know. Thank you

I am in eau claire!
    AMA 1102566

Comment

How's the flying up there?

Comment

If you mean clubs both of them suck ass and are full of judgmental old farts from a era gone bye. If you want to be mocked ridiculed and harassed over flying foam then they are great! The mockery might be worth it if the fields were nice but they are cow pie filled pasture lol with no power.
        AMA 1102566

Comment

I have yet to join a club and not sure that I want to or not but I have noticed that most of the club members around here are older gentlemen. Everyone seemed to like a variety of airplanes foamy and balsa and some turbine jets as well. I'm looking for some people that enjoy flying and building like I do.

Comment

Cool. Yeah unfortunately I dont have the camaraderie that I wish I had up here. Its ok. I fly alone with the permission of a few farmers up here to use their land as a jumping off point Air America style. More than happy to meet up some time or do a bbq fly in type thing.
            AMA 1102566

Comment

That sounds like a lot of fun. Let's plan something

Comment

Yea I have seen those clubs before all older guys and they are so set in their ways. They would rather die then to change to new stuff. Nitros/gas had their hay days and AM?FM radios but its over now hahaha. I was part of a club it was adequate but when the AmA raised their price I left. But I found a much much better fiel to fly at 2300 feet of blacktop runway and only 35$ a year how can you beat that. Its not a rc club but a small full scale club. The nice part is I pretty much have the feild to my self how nice. I hope you 2 meet up sounds like allot of fun If you or I was any closer one could dream right.

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
                  Yea I have seen those clubs before all older guys and they are so set in their ways. They would rather die then to change to new stuff. Nitros/gas had their hay days and AM?FM radios but its over now hahaha. I was part of a club it was adequate but when the AmA raised their price I left. But I found a much much better fiel to fly at 2300 feet of blacktop runway and only 35$ a year how can you beat that. Its not a rc club but a small full scale club. The nice part is I pretty much have the feild to my self how nice. I hope you 2 meet up sounds like allot of fun If you or I was any closer one could dream right.
                  Sounds like you are living the dream!!! Only thing that sucks is flying alone is fun but not all the time. I enjoy flying with others. Maybe because I've only really ever flown by myself?

Comment

Hey guys, I can relate, many is the time I've hit the field on my own, but lately a few guys have been showing up and it's been fun. Of course with Winter setting in, nothing happened but we all said we'd give the first day of Spring weekend a try, that's this weekend so we'll see what happens. Supposed to be 70 degrees and little wind, I'm hoping.

Since all you guys are in Wisconsin, you should think about going to Nefi with a bunch of us. I was in Shawano last year and just hopped over to Muncie to AMA HQ for Nefi in an easy drive. It was a great time!! This year, we're going straight there from home, Cody, Wyoming, so you have no excuse!!
                    Warbird Charlie, Lon, Mike, Ryan myself and a host of others will be there, a great time to get to meet some of the guys in person, and to top it all off, Monday will be Squawker's day!!
                    If you haven't been to AMA HQ, it's paradise for R/C'ers like us!! Check out the Nefi thread!
                    Well, it's only 4 1/2 months to NEFI, so all you guys who missed out on it last year, start planning! There are campsites just to the rear of the flying field if we

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

I appreciate the invite sounds like a great time. I will have to see if I can get off that weekend cause thats a weekend I'll be working unfortunately. I'll definitely see what I can do. 6hr drive for me which isn't very hard to do.

Comment

Getting together at Oshkosh could work to if Motion decided to return. No place on earth like it that week. I have never flown with anyone else either. I taught myself on a hobbyzone champ 4 years ago now and within 2 months I was flying the Dynam Hellcat. Now jamming around the 80mm f86 :)
                        AMA 1102566

Comment

If you guys meet up at Oshkosh, definitely post it here. I've got my tickets booked for Friday and Saturday there!

Comment

I'll be at EAA everyday because I have to work the event so I'll be there.

Comment

Oshkosh is on my bucket list, just not sure when I'll get to do it.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

It's petty repetitive but awesome if you enjoy aviation.

Comment

I'm not a fan of aviation, that;s why I have 15 freaking planes LOL:);)

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

I grew up in the Milwaukee area and flew out of Timmerman. Wife went to UW. BiL still has a cottage in St. Germain. Always went to Oshkosh but haven't been there in a few years. Might have a free right seat ticket this year. Working on it. No place better than Wisconsin in the summer and fall. Go Pack go !

Hawk
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

I only come to see the weapons of war. I have no interest in anything civilian unless it used to be a weapon of war ;) lol I live not far from Fort McCoy in Wisconsin. Nothing like watching maneuvers!
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

Hello I'm up here in Eau Clare looking for some flying nuts like me, I am mostly fly in fields and parking lots Helis EDF jets and prop fomies
                                        GO PACK GO
                                        Rick

Comment

Working...
                                        X