Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just jumping on board

Hi Guys,
    Just signed up for the forums here, just getting started in RC Flying. I inherited an old Hobbico Avistar .40 trainer, the motor was seized but she's never been crashed and I understand it was only flown twice.
    Decided not to take a chance with the old futaba skysport radio so I purchased a Spektrum DX8 figuring this will be a good radio to grow with. I've got the motor free'd up and as soon as I get a nice day I'll
    see if she fires up. Anybody in the boston area on here?

Welcome to the forums! Lot's of good people and information here.

Comment

It's been a trial setting up my A3 Super 2 gyro with my Futaba T14sg and their F2008SB Rx. I'm relatively sure I have everything right now except for the gain. I have assigned the right knob to aux 4 for the gain and am using channel 7 of the Rx. I can't get any gain change in either auto balance or normal settings. Additionally, should I be able to see real-time changes in either the programming card or the software when I rotate the knob?
      I had to set all gains to 90 so I could check for proper gyro direction. I still saw no difference in percentages when I moved my right dial.

Comment

Fungo I think your on the wrong postLOL. Anyhow welcome to you Rustygunns
        I think you will really enjoy this community of pilots. Each and everyone brings something new to the table. And then sometimes they get lost. You will enjoy this place though. Look out for your wallet though. After reviews and new releases you will see here you'll be like the rest of us with a house full of planes.
        Dewey l

Comment

Welcome aboard, Rustygunns!

Comment

Thanks Guys, Fungo, can't help ya. Dewey, I know what you mean...already shot the tax refund check full of holes. Good thing I'm single

Comment

Welcome to the show Rustygunns!! Like the guys have said, you will find a wealth of information here, and if you can't find what you need to know here, give us a call at the MotionRC customer support line, and I am sure we can fix you right up. Happy Landings!!

BTW, I heard there is a crazy guy on here trying to build an EDF Starship Enterprise. Watch out for that guy, he is a little nuts...:Silly:

Comment

I couldn't agree more !

Martin.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Rustygunns, you will find everyone here is very helpful and willing.

Martin.

Comment

Yea man he keeps calling himself Kirk.:)
                    Dewey l

Comment

Welcome Rustygunns great to see a new face to the forum unlike that ugly Kloverzero. He only dream he is Kirk he is more like Uhura hahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
                        Welcome Rustygunns great to see a new face to the forum unlike that ugly Kloverzero. He only dream he is Kirk he is more like Uhura hahahaha!
                        Nice Brad........:Angry: now you just went an ruined my Uhura fantasies :Not-Talking: LOL
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Welcome, I have salvaged a few nitro engines. Let them simmer in gasoline w a tip of oil for a day. Then clean up nicely, dry and apply heat. If you csn place on a vice and spin slowly, some wd40.... repeat.

I had this engine clogged dirt cheap on ebaay. It ended on my 1/8th on-road, screaming like no other.

Get some sim time, it helps me. Have not flown yet, but when I see a video or someone glying I know what it is in movements and how to correct.

Comment

Working...
                          X