X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Cub Staggerwing

Rifleman was right - Boredom IS a curse. Fortunately I don't get bored on the same scale he does. After 2 years of teaching myself, my kids, my kid's friends, my friends, Et Al to fly RC planes using the HobbyZone Sport Cub I had quite a collection of wrecked parts in my boneyard. In a rare fit of boredom I decided to do some experimenting with them and came up with this. I was able to maiden it yesterday and was very surprised at how well it flew. Balance seemed to be spot-on, although there was some wind at the time so it's hard to tell for sure. It took some extra time to get into the air, but once up to speed it handled magnificently with and without the SAFE function activated - A little slower flying than stock but very majestic and scale looking. My Son got some video I'll try to post once I figure it out. I'm using a 750 one cell for power and put some bigger wheels on it just because I had them. I have a bunch of wrecked Hobby Zone P-47 parts too and am eyeing up the power train for possible transplant...
    UMX: B-17, PT-17, P-47, A-10, Habu. E-Flite: Sportsman, Timber, Spitfire, P-47. Flyzone f-86 64 mm, Dynam Albatros, Flyzone Zero Select, Freewing B-17, Hobby Zone F4-U Corsair

Hey I like it! Very cool concept

Comment

Working...
    X