X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing the right ESC help

I recently had a gradual loss of power while flying my Dynam T-28 like a minute after takeoff until it just did not have enough thrust to keep flying. Fortunately I had already begun to bring it down and had lowered the landing gear and braced for an emergency landing. Although the front nose gear got bent and the mains got rotated only the front cowl took a scraping and the vertical stabilizer got ripped half way from its hinge.

The only thing that I could think off being the problem is the ECS. After landing I tested to see if it still ran and the prop still turned normally. However I did remember that on take off it did make an odd noise I had not heard of before. Either way I don't trust the ESC anymore. I have had in mind upgrading the ESC anyways to run 4S batteries, but now I am trying to decide what ESC would be ideal to run both 3S and 4S batteries. Any suggestions? By the way the motor is a Dynam 3715-890kV.

Mantis 65 amp ESC is what I use in my E-flite T28 with 4000 4s lipos..it has been flawless and very smooth..:Cool:

Comment

Working...
    X