2000mm Giant Scale B-24 - Olive Drab

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Skynetic 1430mm Bald Eagle Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Official Skynetic 1430mm Bald Eagle Thread

    Bald Eagle 1430mm (56") Wingspan - ARF BUNDLE from Skynetic - SKY1044-001

    Click Here to go to the product page



    This Bald Eagle is the first in Skynetic's new "Avian" line of RC airplanes that are designed to represent real birds from nature. Add something truly unique to your aircraft hangar with this 1430mm wingspan Bald Eagle. Constructed from durable EPP foam that is highly resistant to dings and scuffs, this airplane-disguised-as-a-bird is ideally suited to intermediate flyers looking for relaxed flying characteristics in a seldom seen platform. Easy assembly can be completed within one evening using basic hobby materials. With its realistic, highly detailed, UV color printed surfaces, be advised that real birds may flock toward your Skynetic Bald Eagle as it patrols the skies!

    FEATURES:
    • Durable EPP foam is dent resistant and easy to repair
    • High wing design with upswept wingtip "feathers" for stable flying
    • High detail UV printed coloring that represents a real Bald Eagle
    • Easy to remove wing and horizontal stabilizer for easy transport
    • Economical power system for lightweight flying
    INCLUDES:
    • Skynetic Bald Eagle 1430mm (56") Wingspan - ARF BUNDLE
    • 2216 1300kV Brushless motor
    • 30-amp brushless ESC with XT60 connector
    • 4x 9g servos
    REQUIRES:PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

    AGE LEVEL : 10 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : BEGINNER
    BUILD TIME : 2+ HOUR
    Model Scale N/A
    Wingspan 1430mm / 56.2in
    Length 760mm / 29.9in
    Weight 560g / 19.75oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) Refer to the manual
    Power System 2216 1300kV brushless motor (installed)
    Electronic Speed Control 30A (installed)
    Propeller / EDF 8-10 2-blade (included)
    Servos 4x 9g
    Landing Gear Tri gear fixed (included)
    Required Battery 3 Cell 11.1V 1800 - 2200mAh LiPo battery with XT60 Connector (required)
    Required Radio 4+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon
    Material EPP Foam
    Skill Level Beginner
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    Click image for larger version  Name:	mastera.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	314752
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

  • #2
    Wow! What's old is new again (and improved and cheaper). This was one of my very first RC planes when I started flying again nearly 12 years ago. Of course, being Canadian, mine was a "Snow Eagle". This new one has ailerons (although they aren't really needed) so some flaps or spoilers can be dialed in to make it soar even better. The part in the description about the "tri-gear" must be a misprint. This thing is a hand tosser and belly lander.
    In the air, it looks so real that those who didn't see it get launched, think it's a real bird but then, that all goes out the window when they see it doing loops and flying upside down. 😁
    I still fly one (brown eagle) to this very day.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by xviper View Post
      Wow! What's old is new again (and improved and cheaper). This was one of my very first RC planes when I started flying again nearly 12 years ago. Of course, being Canadian, mine was a "Snow Eagle". This new one has ailerons (although they aren't really needed) so some flaps or spoilers can be dialed in to make it soar even better. The part in the description about the "tri-gear" must be a misprint. This thing is a hand tosser and belly lander.
      In the air, it looks so real that those who didn't see it get launched, think it's a real bird but then, that all goes out the window when they see it doing loops and flying upside down. 😁
      I still fly one (brown eagle) to this very day.
      Can't wait to get this one out. It comes with some carbon pieces that you could lock the ailerons if you just want to fly it with rudder/elevator. The print on this one looks great up close

      Comment


      • #4
        +1 on the outstanding printing on this one. Just waiting for the instructions to posted on the product page.

        Alpha a mentioned that 2m California Condor might be coming to the Avian Series. Other suggested additions could be a Raven, Blue and Gold Macaw, Harpy Eagle, Redtail Hawk, Cockatoo, Pelican, Albatross, Andean Condor, Snowy Owl, Great Horned Owl, Piliated Woodpecker, Toucan, Vulture, Steller Sea Eagle...... maybe even a Phoenix. Could step outside the avian box and do a fruit bat!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
          +1 on the outstanding printing on this one. Just waiting for the instructions to posted on the product page.

          Alpha a mentioned that 2m California Condor might be coming to the Avian Series. Other suggested additions could be a Raven, Blue and Gold Macaw, Harpy Eagle, Redtail Hawk, Cockatoo, Pelican, Albatross, Andean Condor, Snowy Owl, Great Horned Owl, Piliated Woodpecker, Toucan, Vulture, Steller Sea Eagle...... maybe even a Phoenix. Could step outside the avian box and do a fruit bat!
          This hobby is going to the birds. 🦅

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by xviper View Post
            The part in the description about the "tri-gear" must be a misprint. This thing is a hand tosser and belly lander.
            Thanks for the heads up! Fixed it.

            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

            Comment


            • #7
              xviper

              The larger size and addition of ailerons will make this one much more capable and have more presence.

              We have red tail hawks and bald eagles that regularly soar over our field. I've gone up and circled with them with sailplanes. Using this and trying to duplicate their scale flight could be fun.

              The addition of underwing missile racks and gun pods hmmmmm

              Comment


              • #8
                I'd like to rig mine to drop an egg for the egg drop competition at the fun fly. 🤣 I think a 2m California Condor would scare children .............................................. I'm in.

                Comment


                • #9
                  There are a bunch of older geezers (flyers) in my club. Most of them are hunters. I hope they don't Kill my bird.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Paul Blais no worries, it's illegal to shoot a Bald Eagle.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I found this video I made of my "Snow Eagle" from about 10 years ago (the time stamp on the video is incorrect). Other than having no ailerons, it's virtually identical to the current Bald Eagle. The video shows how it flies. It's a mildly good sailplane but not a bad glider (power off). It does need strong thermals to go up (power off) but will glide in ideal conditions for some time (ie, take a while to come down). The video was from a time when I first started flying planes (helis before this). Today, I can fly this plane with more ease and efficiency. On a single battery, I can stay up so long that I get bored and make it come down on purpose.
                      If the mods feel this video is inappropriate, I will remove it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Still waiting to hear back from Alpha on being able to provide an instruction manual for this bird. Alpha, Alpha please pick up the white courtesy phone...
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Aros View Post
                          Still waiting to hear back from Alpha on being able to provide an instruction manual for this bird. Alpha, Alpha please pick up the white courtesy phone...
                          +1 Alpha you know that this is my wife's bird(literally). I'm nearly out of Xanax to keep her sedated. She really wants to get the eagle built and flying.

                          xviper nice vid. It's appropriate.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As for the original "Eagle", it was invented by a guy in China and there was never an instruction or build manual as such. That guy put up a detailed build manual on the "other forum". His "company" no longer exists and although I don't know the history subsequent to that era, several "clones" appeared. He may have sold his rights to his design (or whatever they do in China) and along the long and winding road of evolution of these sorts of things out of China, this Skynetic product may have been born. I hope that Motion will be able to come up with a manual similar to the one that was posted over a decade ago. That thread still exists and is still relevant. I'm sure many of these models will be sold before an "official" manual shows up.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              One thing we used on the old birds (10 years ago) was a folding propeller. It increased soaring ability, and was nice on landing.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I tried a folding prop on this plane. It doesn't work due to the shape and protrusion of the Eagle's beak. The prop can fold behind the protrusion and won't deploy when you want it to.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                  Still waiting to hear back from Alpha on being able to provide an instruction manual for this bird. Alpha, Alpha please pick up the white courtesy phone...
                                  I have this file that Motion RC Chat shot me...
                                  Attached Files

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Thanks MGuillemette for posting that. I meant to post the link to the PDF myself. Note: This is the old manual from the original brand. You should still be able to use it to build the model however.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Hey guys, our build video will be done early next week. We also built without a manual but it wasn't too daunting. Our video will show you a proper order

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        Thanks MGuillemette for posting that. I meant to post the link to the PDF myself. Note: This is the old manual from the original brand. You should still be able to use it to build the model however.
                                        You're very welcome! Aros I was in the same boat you're in! Called Support, they said it would be a few days 'til they had some instructions posted on the product page. Then i used the product page Chat option to ask where i could find some, and they shot me the file. Also, there's 3 build videos on YouTube to assist... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_-a9gDvNrE ... Basically all 3 Eagles are processed very similarly! Enjoy!

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X