X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS Moa as 2nd or 3rd Glider?

I really like the looks of the Moa, particularly the gull wing...

... and if the maiden at the link below is any indication, it seems to perform quite nicely...

Maiden with Hand Catch

So, wondering if it would make for a good next step following EF UMX Radian/PZ Radian, versus (or perhaps after) the FZ Calypso?

Sea2Sky2See

RE: FMS Moa as 2nd or 3rd Glider?

Originally posted by Dparture
    I really like the looks of the Moa, particularly the gull wing...

... and if the maiden at the link below is any indication, it seems to perform quite nicely...

So, wondering if it would make for a good next step following EF UMX Radian/PZ Radian, versus (or perhaps after) the FZ Calypso?

Just my thoughts, to me the UMX is would be better indoors or in very light winds, the PZ Radian is a good choice as a glider but similar to the Moa in performance leaving you with 2 similar planes.  I think the Calypso would give you more options on how you would fly it.  While still a glider it can do basic aerobatics and to me the next step up.  I like the looks of it too.  But having a Calypso, I'm biased. :cool:

I'm facing a similar choice, what next after the Calypso?  Many of the powered gliders have grown on me because of the flight time you can get off of 1 battery.  With 1 battery I can fly for 30 min with a glider or buy 5-6 batteries for similar times in a regular plane.  With that in mind, I'm looking at a Multiplex Solius.  It has more ommmph to get up and go when you have the need for speed but can catch thermals and ride it out if you're looking for flight time.

Comment

I struggled between this Moa, and the new Adagio. I ended up getting the Adagio and really like it. I have gotten 20+ minutes flights from it on a single battery, and it also has some aerobatic capability, as well as the AS3X system. It is a great flying plane, but like you, I still like that Moa, and may eventually get it too!

Good luck with your decision!!

Comment

I bought a Mini Moa from NitroPlanes 6mos back because I thought it looked cool. Although it looked cool in flight it was a real dog when it came to climbing and I had to keep the climb real shallow or she would stall. She was also prone to stalling in level flight. No floater here.

Comment

Working...
        X