X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bix3

I went ahead and bought the Bix3 instead of the Freewing Seagull. It was a little cheaper and also seemed to get pretty good reviews.

Does anyone here own the Bix3 and what are your thoughts? How is it for a beginner? I have been flying about six months now.

Thanks
    My YouTube Channel

RE: Bix3

You should be able to handle the Bixler if you have been flying for 6 months. It is known as a good trainer. As usual, it all depends on how well you set it up prior to your first flight. Make certain your CG is right, that all control throws move in the right directions, and the amounts suggested in the manual, and you should be fine. I have the FMS 1280 Easy Trainer, and it is pretty similar to your Bixler. Gentle flying characteristics, good power, easy to land, and no really bad stall characteristics.

Good luck with the first flight!

Comment

My son has a Bixler 2, not sure how similar they are to the Bix 3 but, he flew his after 6 months of learning on a small Hobbyzone Champ and the Hobbyzone Cub. He was nervous about flying it since it was his first aileron plane but he seemed to do fine once he got used to the difference in the feel between ailerons and rudder only flight.
      Lauren

Comment

Well I got the Bix3 put together and took it out yesterday morning. I have been flying for about 6 months and for a plane that has ailerons I found it very easy to fly. I would highly recommend someone starting out to give the Bix3 a chance.
        My YouTube Channel

Comment

Glad you got it and liked it! Have fun flying it!!!
          Lauren

Comment

I was very surprised on how easy it was to fly. I think I am going to like this plane.
            My YouTube Channel

Comment

Well I have had the Bix3 for awhile now. The honeymoon phase if over. The plane is very fragile and when looking for something to fly I look for something else. Now it is probably my least favorite plane. If looking for a glider I would look for something besides the Bix3.
              My YouTube Channel

Comment

Really! I wonder if they changed the foam or something from the Bix 2? My son's takes a lickin' and somehow keeps tickin'.... Try the Park Zone Radian instead.... Not the Radian Pro but the original Radian. It glides sooooo smooth! Had a 19 minute flight with it yesterday!
                Lauren

Comment

Going to fly the Radian today after work.
                  My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                  X