X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to fly my new Radian today

Plan on flying my new Radian today. Bought it from a club member. He covered it in Towerkote. Looks very nice.

Attached Files
    My YouTube Channel

RE: Going to fly my new Radian today

Hey that's a cool paint job!! Like it! So how did the maiden go???
    Lauren

Comment

Does color scheme help on visibility?
      Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Comment

Sure does! My Radian is white and blue.... Um, that's camouflage for the sky. LOL! So I put bright orange stripes on the underside of the wing to help.

I remember that a long time ago I had a Graupner Cirrus 118 inch wingspan glider. It was absolutely beautiful and all white which was fine under blue skies but once it got in front of a cloud POOF it was gone. I got in a big thermal once and it was pretty tiny in the sky and of course I flew in front of a cloud and I lost it. It had been headed back towards me so I cranked in some down trim and prayed. We saw it at about 100 feet high headed straight for the field thankfully!
        Lauren

Comment

"Hey that's a cool paint job!! Like it! So how did the maiden go???"

That is TowerKote. My friend I bought it from did a great job. The maiden did not goes as planned. For some reason I kept losing contact with my transmitter so I put it away. However I think I have that fixed now. Plan on getting back out there in the next week or so. The color scheme makes it really easy to see from the ground. I have seen this plane fly before.
          My YouTube Channel

Comment

color scheme is nice.

Comment

The color scheme looks great!
              You might be able to fly it, but can you land it?

Comment

Sad thing is I never flew it. Got tired of replacing components to try to figure out the issue. I bought a Flyzone Calypso a few months ago. Pretty cool plane.
                My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by jobinseattle View Post
                  Sad thing is I never flew it. Got tired of replacing components to try to figure out the issue. I bought a Flyzone Calypso a few months ago. Pretty cool plane.
                  I've got a Flyzone Calypso as well! How do you like it? I love taking mine out and flying an hour and a half on three batteries, it's so relaxing after flying 3D and whatnot. What battery do you fly with, I find that it flies fine on a 1600 mah 3S all the way back, and a 1300 mah 3/4 of the way to the front.
                  You might be able to fly it, but can you land it?

Comment

I like it. I have only flown it a couple times and I used a 3S 1300 battery. I am looking forward to flying it as the weather gets a little warmer.
                    My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                    X