X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won!!!

Okay, as they say, it DOES pay to be social on Motion! I was the September winner and have a FMS LET-13 coming my way. This is cool because I have only won three contests in my life. LOL!! Can't wait to fly it!
    Lauren

RE: I won!!!

Congrats Lauren!

Comment

Good for you :D I got a ride in the full scale Blanik L13 years back and she was a BIG GIRL. I still remember hearing all the creaks and groans the airframe made :D

Steve
      AMA 95495
      Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
      Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Congrats Flygirl Hope you really enjoy your new prize.

Comment

Thanks guys!!! Really crazy but this month I've won two planes. One at our club picnic and one here. Before that? One win in 65 years. LOL!

Wow Steve! How cool! Where was that?
          Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl
            Thanks guys!!! Really crazy but this month I've won two planes. One at our club picnic and one here. Before that? One win in 65 years. LOL!

Wow Steve! How cool! Where was that?
            It was at Highland Illinois. I was coming back to St. Louis after a service call and I see this glider cross right over the highway in front or me and land. I didn't even know there was a field there :rolleyes: . So I figured, what the heck I'll loop back and check it out. Started talking to a gentleman standing by the L13 about flying RC gliders (at the time I was really into flying competition) and he says, " I'm getting ready to go up....ya wanna go? Hmmmmm....let me think....HELL YEAH... :D . We got towed to about 1500 AGL and landed about 45 minutes later........so that day I got lucky just like you ;) .

Steve
            AMA 95495
            Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
            Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Okay, as they say, it DOES pay to be social on Motion! I was the September winner and have a FMS LET-13 coming my way. This is cool because I have only won three contests in my life. LOL!! Can't wait to fly it!
              Congrats, Lauren! That's what I won last year. Be sure to give it a test toss, no power, first. Mine was extremely tail heavy using the recommended CG. It's a fun plane to fly, but don't expect the glide ratio of your Multiplex glider. Have fun! Doc

Comment

Steve, LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc, you have one too?? Okay on the CG. I saw where a couple of folks converted to 3s power with a 30a ESC. Maybe that is the way to go to give it more power and chnge the CG? Or would you recommend just a bigger battery because it really doesn't need the power?
                Lauren

Comment

Doc, you have one too?? Okay on the CG. I saw where a couple of folks converted to 3s power with a 30a ESC. Maybe that is the way to go to give it more power and chnge the CG? Or would you recommend just a bigger battery because it really doesn't need the power?
                   I just used a 3s battery. It gives it plenty of power. The motor and ESC do get pretty warm, however. There is very little venting. I cut air intakes and outlets in mine and it helped. I've never had a motor or ESC failure. One problem is that it has little glide ratio and has to be flown at half throttle, or more, to maintain altitude. This is not a thermaling glider, but probably would do very well as a slope soarer. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike

I just used a 3s battery. It gives it plenty of power. The motor and ESC do get pretty warm, however. There is very little venting. I cut air intakes and outlets in mine and it helped. I've never had a motor or ESC failure. One problem is that it has little glide ratio and has to be flown at half throttle, or more, to maintain altitude. This is not a thermaling glider, but probably would do very well as a slope soarer. Doc
                    Thanks Doc!!
                    Lauren

Comment

Well done Lauren, congratulations.

Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC
                        Well done Lauren, congratulations.

Martin.
                        Congratulations, Glad to have you as a member of the MotionRC family!
                        Wayne 

Comment

Thanks Wayne and Martin! Got it in the mail today! I'm a loyal customer for life even without the prize. :-) Plus I love these guys here on the forum that I hang out with. So what's not to like? Great company literally and figuratively! 
                          Lauren

Comment

Congrats again Lauren. Still trying to decide how to spend my $50.00! Of course that is just an excuse to spend a bit more, right?
                            Addicted to planes!

Comment

Congratulations there Lauren!  I hope you have many hours of enjoyment flying the FMS LET-3!

Comment

Hey Lauren, so how does your glider fly? Have you had a chance to take it up yet?
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
                                  Hey Lauren, so how does your glider fly? Have you had a chance to take it up yet?
                                  Hey there Alpha! Haven't had a chance to yet. I didn't have any batteries in the size it specifies but I ordered a couple today. It's all put together, polycrylic gloss applied, ready to go! Just maidened the Dynam C-188 I got from you all. That went very well. Love the plane....! 

A nice fall day flying with my friend Tom Minnick. First the maiden of my Dynam C-188 Agwagon and then bonus footage of Tom's scratch built Raiden plane whic...
                                  Lauren

Comment

Both planes look great there, Lauren. Thanks for posting the video!
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
                                      Both planes look great there, Lauren. Thanks for posting the video!
                                      Alpha, finally got the LET into the air...! Thanks again!

Thanks to MotionRC for giving me this nifty little glider! I won the September Sweepstakes they have....! GREAT place to buy foamies. They really really stan...
                                      Lauren

Comment

Working...
                                      X