X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressor 1200 MM

Well I broke down and bought this one last week and read over mods and how to help with air flow to the propeller and to the ESC.
    Plane looks to be a blended wing and swept forward design, the nose section is flared out for extra lift. Has a large internal bay for batteries and gear.

Over all looks good!

Skid plates on the landing pads

Naca Duct for cooling the ESC

relocation of the Motor mount and to improve the airflow over the back of the plane to the Prop.

Balances out well and I have more 3d Prints for this plane but it's time to fly it..

Oh 4s battery..or two LoL.
    Just let me fly so I may be free

Best of luck to you with this model. I just stripped mine down and took it apart and threw in the foam bin for repairing damaged planes. I found this plane to be a handful to launch. It needs a lot of reflex to get it to NOT drill itself into the dirt. Even when I did get it in the air, due to the forward wing sweep, it flew like a roller coaster, very unstable. It wasn't till I put in a flight controller (Aura 5 Lite), with launch control that I was able to get it into the air consistently perfect. Even then, I had to fly it with the gyro on because once I took it off gyro, it became a roller coaster again. After that, I only ever tossed it with launch control and only ever flew it with 3-axis or 6-axis gyro ON. The last time I flew it, I lost radio contact in a well known "dead zone" at our field and down it went. Being already repaired several times, this last crash resulted in a badly compressed nose. I completely lost interest in it and binned it. I've just put all its electronics into my new FX-51 flying wing, which I hope I'll have better luck with. If you look at the Petrincic brothers video on this plane, they had nothing but trouble with the plane. Their first launch the thing did a loop and almost nailed the Cap. Blaz. (Mind you, he did a crazy launch.) The second flight looked just like mine - a wild and crazy roller coaster. My suggestion would be to put a flight controller with launch control into it before flying it. I liked the design and looks but I was so disappointed in it.
    I haven't given up on the forward swept wing idea, so I've got the Flight Test Flerken on the way. It'll get the Aura Lite as well before it hits the air. The Flerken should fly much better as it has some dihedral in the wings.

Comment

Petrincic brothers seem at times are spoofs and goofs, Andrew Newton has many videos of this plane, RC Informer also has video and the one thing I notice is it's stable.
      Mine does have a gryo from Motion RC which I have used in other planes and throwing a plane with it on is the reason I bought that Rx/Gyro. If I can get some good weather soon I will take some video and pictures. Normally if a plane is a roller coaster it's because the CG is too tail heavy, the gyro would help over come that for the most part but I made mine slightly nose heavy.
      again only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
        Petrincic brothers seem at times are spoofs and goofs, Andrew Newton has many videos of this plane, RC Informer also has video and the one thing I notice is it's stable.
        Mine does have a gryo from Motion RC which I have used in other planes and throwing a plane with it on is the reason I bought that Rx/Gyro. If I can get some good weather soon I will take some video and pictures. Normally if a plane is a roller coaster it's because the CG is too tail heavy, the gyro would help over come that for the most part but I made mine slightly nose heavy.
        again only time will tell.
        Petrincic brothers are honest reviewers. No spoofs there, it's a "normal person" flying with everyday typical experience as they state every video. Amateur pilots doing honest reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

Petrincic brothers are honest reviewers. No spoofs there, it's a "normal person" flying with everyday typical experience as they state every video. Amateur pilots doing honest reviews.
          The last 5 words sums it up but I have watched others and this plane and it's well liked and flies well. But hey we have our opinions until we fly one right?

Comment

This plane is AWESOME. For me anyway and what I like to do(LOS zoom zoom...) It is AMAZINGLY versatile(single, twin, or triple motor set up, FPV or LOS, canard option built in, MASSIVE battery and electronics capacity, etc etc...) I have a Turnigy SK3 3542 1250kv motor, 80a ESC, and 10x7 APC prop for 4S... It is about as easy to launch as a plane can get. Carries two 4S 3700s in parallel like nothing, and is good for long flights... Reasonably fast, VERY loud, looks cool in the air, long flights, good visibility(I put Easylight LEDs on mine..) etc etc.. Totally underrated plane IMVHO, The Petrinic Bros gave it a bad name for being clueless IMO. They put some weird connector thing between the two vertical fins, screwing up CG no doubt... I get a kick sometimes out of some of their videos(though they are WAY too long...), but with the Aggressor they showed the setup-insight of really clueless newbs... But then maybe they just can't be asked to put in the (minimum) effort on every freebie they get.....

Re launching, it has perfect grips on the bottom. I aim mine up at like a 50-degree angle, and power up and off it goes. My big prop power setup maybe makes it easier. .... But easiy it is...

This plane is really, REALLY good IMO.

An unusually nice December day, which I had to take advantage of…

Aggressor 1200 with Easylight LEDs from Hobbyking. 80a ESC, Turnigy SK3 3542 1250kv motor, 10x7 prop, 2x 4S 3700s in parallel.

Aggressor 1200. 3542 1250kv motor, 80a ESC, 10x7 prop. 2x 4S 3700 lipos.

Aggressor 1200 from Banggood. SK3 3542 1250kv motor, 80a Hobbywing ESC(bought from Motion RC.. It's the stock ESC out of a Havok. It comes pre-soldered, so...

I really like this plane better with a heavier battery setup. In this case I had two Tattu 4S 3700s in parallel. With more weight it flies much more steadil...

Comment

Working...
            X