You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HawkSky V2 by Dynam any Tips on flying this plane?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawkSky V2 by Dynam any Tips on flying this plane?

Hi All.....I have not flown this plane as of yet, I just installed the 2200mAh battery that they call for
    into the nose section. The CG is pretty much on the mark with a little nose down but will balance.
    I was looking for any feed back on what I should be watching out for on the Hand Launch?? I have
    read that the plane flies nice but as you know it depends on the Angle of the Launch and the Amt of power
    that is provided. So how much throttle does this plane need to gain a nice slow climb up to the horizon??.
    Any feed back will be appreciated...thank you ..Ron

I just hand launched mine for the 1st time last week. I gave it just over 50% power and light toss into the wind at about 10/11 o'clock position. If you can I would have another person with you to do the launching if possible till you know how its going to react. Just remember that a pusher prop will want to dive some if given to much power to fast. Its really a nice plane to fly.
    I was at 100% throws and 40% expo. I was also hand launching by my self.

Comment

Also add some packing tape to the bottom of the fuselage. It will help protect it. Just be sure to cut out the cooling vents. I want to add some to the front edge of the wings also.

Comment

If you get someone to help you make sure that they understand that your not wanting them to throw the plane into the air. Apply enough throttle to almost seem like it's flying from their or your hand. A light forward movement with a little over half throttle should be sufficient. Good lucky. Just don't over reacting and you will be okay.
        Dewey l

Comment

Oh yea Ron. I forgot to emphasize on something. Make SURE that you do NOT exaggerate the THROW. It will almost SURELY end up BADLY.....
          Dewey l

Comment

yea that is true 50% throttle and a decent hand launch works well for me. The plane just about leaps in the air. Over all its not a bad flying plane even for us that are beyond beginner planes. flying P-51 F-16 is great but everyone needs a slow flying plane to just relax with and I feel this one fits the bill.

Comment

A quick vid of myself hand launching my Hawksky V2

Comment

Working...
              X