X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Skynetic 1100mm Huntsman V2 Glider Thread

Huntsman V2 Glider Yellow 1100mm (43.3") Wingspan from Skynetic - RTF - SKY1045-002

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	820
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	347273

The Skynetic Huntsman V2 is the perfect glider for beginners. Made with durable EPO foam and powered by a pusher propeller, gentle flights are as easy as throttling up and tossing gently into the skies.

Features:
    • Made from durable EPO foam
    • Pusher propeller design insures no crash damage to front of model
    • Stable, lightweight and perfectly suited for beginners
    Includes:
    • Skynetic Huntsman V2 Glider Yellow 1100mm (43.3") Wingspan - RTF
    • 2.4GHz transmitter
    • 2S LiPo battery
    • 2S charger
    • Receiver
    Requires:
    HELPFUL TIP: If you are new to radio control (RC) we recommend that you read through our RC resource known as our "Knowledge Blog". It's jam packed with helpful information for beginners including how to articles, support videos, a glossary of terms and much more. Click Here to go to our Knowledge Blog's Beginner Section. For further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team and one of our knowledgeable RC experts will be glad to assist you. Happy flying!

Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :Beginner
    BUILD TIME :15 minutes

Model Scale N/A
    Wingspan 1100mm / 43.3in
    Length 730mm /28.7in
    Empty Weight 400g / 14.1oz (w/o battery)
    CG (Center of Gravity) Refer to the manual
    Power System 2S Brushless Outrunner Motor
    Electronic Speed Control Integrated
    Propeller / EDF 2-Blade Pusher Propeller
    Servos 4 Micro
    Landing Gear None
    Battery 2S 7.4V 1100mAh LiPo (included)
    Radio 4 Channel 2.4GHz (included)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder No
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon Reinforced
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Beginner
    Build Time 15 Minutes
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

This official thread is for ALL Skynetic Huntsman V2 gliders regardless of color or RTF/PNP.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Looks like I might be the only one in this group.... "Is anybody out there?"....

Comment

Considering buying the Huntsman v2. Both reviews indicate a problem with the horizontal stab, I assume this means the elevator. Does this mean there is a problem with their CGs? I don't want to believe you have to fly this thing with just throttle and ailerons. Have you bought and built this plane yet? It looks an awful lot like the Skysurfer X8 except for the tail section.

Comment

Originally posted by eak104 View Post
          Considering buying the Huntsman v2. Both reviews indicate a problem with the horizontal stab, I assume this means the elevator. Does this mean there is a problem with their CGs? I don't want to believe you have to fly this thing with just throttle and ailerons. Have you bought and built this plane yet? It looks an awful lot like the Skysurfer X8 except for the tail section.
          There isn't a problem with the elevators, but it does have an odd feature that is not well explained. Or maybe I should say isn't explained at all really. You have the ability to put the elevators in what I would call an emergency landing mode. They are under spring tension that pulls the entire horizontal stabilizer up when you use a switch on the side of the remote. This must be manually reset, so once you use it, the plane is coming down in a nose up position.

I will say that if I had know what this was, it would have saved my plane from a nose first power dive, which caused a lot of damage.

When I repaired it, I put in a Lemon-Rx 7 channel with telemetry and stabilizer. Note that I'm really new to this. The plane is really stable as is, but I'm learning to fly, so I need a little help sometimes. I do like the way the plane feels on a TX16S remote with the Lemon Rx. The stock controller is very light to the touch. The guy teaching me to fly could use it fine, but I had a tendency to move all over the place.

Oh, and the plane glides like crazy. A little wind and you can gain altitude quick with no motor. So you can keep it in the air a long time between gliding and motor.

Comment

Thanks, that is good information and resolves my confusion about the comments of the reviewers. I'm relatively new to RC and I plan to use a Flysky i6X, and I am looking for a plane I can keep in the air awhile and practice with. This one sounds like it might fit the bill. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by eak104 View Post
              Thanks, that is good information and resolves my confusion about the comments of the reviewers. I'm relatively new to RC and I plan to use a Flysky i6X, and I am looking for a plane I can keep in the air awhile and practice with. This one sounds like it might fit the bill. Thanks again!
              This plane flys fine, but in it's present configuration, it doesn't have anything to keep you from screwing up or to help you when your in trouble. I crashed this plane in less than two minutes of it being turned over to me because of my inexperience. Here is what helped me get better:

1. I bought RealFlight Trainer edition. It absolutely helped. A few hours of simulator time with an instant reset on crash is really helpful.
              2. I wouldn't recommend this as a first plane unless your going to have an instructor there and you're on a trainer box where the instructor can take over.
              3. I would recommend the AeroScout. It's got three (actually 4) levels of help built in. If you get in trouble in beginner mode, just let go of the controls and the planes straightens itself out and flys level. There are others out there that do the same. Look for anything with the "Safe" or similar features. This plane was recommended to me by a couple of experience RC pilots.
              4. Learn your transmitter before you fly. Learn where everything is at, what the features of the transmitter in relation to the plane are, and how to use them.
              5. Watch some training videos, not only on flying, but on repairing your plane. It's gonna happen, so be prepared. Hot glue, according to most videos I've watched come out as the winner, with X6000(?), and CA coming in a close second. I can vouch for CA.
              6. Keep a log book of what you've done and what you've learned. I learned a lot from my first crash. When things go south, it happens quickly and you'll do things you would never think you would do. Here's what I learned from my first crash:
              a. Altitude is your friend. The higher the plane, the more time to recover.
              b. The about what you're about to do before you do it. Especially if the plane is straight, level, and not in danger.
              c. DON"T PANIC! Learn to think quickly and practice stuff that is counter intuitive. What ever you do, don't stop reacting. Even if it's wrong, do something!
              d. DON'T give up. I basically said to heck with it and gave up. DON'T. Fight it and ride it all the way to the crash site. You might surprise yourself and recover.
              e. DON'T use large controller movements. Instead, keep control by applying slight pressure to the joysticks. Don't move the joystick, put pressure on it. Slow even pressure until the plane responds. Make all your movements slow and with slight pressure on.
              f. Know the features of your plane BEFORE you fly it it. Know how to use any emergency features. Know how to implement stabilization features if they're present.

I have to say that the simulator was a good investment. After doing a few lessons and practicing, it made a huge difference. After flying the larger trainer planes, I decided to try my hand at a small sport cub, which is very similar to my DHC-2 and I could fly it. Surprisingly , I could fly it. I went out and tried it in the real world and it was nearly identical to the simulator.

Practice. That is the big thing. Take off. Fly race track. Fly figure eights, Learn the relationship between the trottle and plane stability, Land. And do it again. And again. and again.....

Comment

A lot to take in, but all good advice. There's a big RC event (Bigfoot) next month in Birmingham, AL that I'd like to go to. I should probably go with the express intent of getting some help from the club there. And I definitely will get a Sim and practice with it. I've got 18 acres of pasture to fly over at home so at some point I can fly without too much worry.

Comment

Working...
                X