X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built up 2-3 meter vintage scale - looking

Anyone aware of a company producing 2 to 3 meter scale built up classics that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Try the Bird of Time. A real beauty. I love mine. Tower Hobbies sell it. Doc

Comment

My error.. had one looong ago, beautiful shape..... What I was meaning was built up vintage 'scale' as in 1940's, etc.

Comment

OK...That's old! Doc

Comment

Hi
          I'm sorry I do not know either. I built the Butterfly that has a 99" wing great flyer but not that old in the 40's

Comment

hmmmm well I'm meaning designs of the 40's etc... not actual kits that have been on shelves for 70 years :) ..
            I think I may need to find a set of plans and see what a kit Cutter will charge me for a short kit....

Comment

What basic size and style are you thinking of?

I have a stack of 1936 to 1945 magazines. Each has plans for at least 2 planes (though a couple of early RC planes have half the plan in each of 2 consecutive issues)
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Something like a Schweizer SGS 2-8 or similar... vintage looking with a nice different profile but large enough to have descent flight performance. Even if the airfoil or other fairly unotice-able liberties were taken in the interest of flight performance.

Maybe it's me but it seems like a niche market.

Well this is odd...
                I deiced to search one last time and this popped up.. I don't know how long I've been looking and coming up empty but this seems perfect... and the price is right...

Comment

Working...
                X