X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Flite Radian XL Service Bulletins

There is a manufacturing issue with the tail boom and wing spars of the E-Flite Radian XL . (See attached) I commend E-Fite for issuing the SB's. I love this kind of technical support of a product!

But the Radian XL is marketed to the PNP/ BNF crowd. They have paid a premium for this simple glider, not to have to "build" it. To have this kind of customer rework their glider so as to maintain the warranty is ridiculous! While I commend E-Fite/Horizon Hobbies for issuing the SB's they have fallen far short of great customer service.

They need to issue a revision to these SB's. There should be a "Buy Back Program" for the Fuselage. To expect the target customer to perform this kind of rework is not realistic. There is far too great a risk that the repair will fail as a result of control binding (glued push rods from the over flow of CA)!

There also needs to be a Customer support program issued (mentioned) Like a $30 coupon for the cost of the glue and the loss of product value from the marred components as a result of the repair (most likely will not look like new). And compensation for the customer's time, for those that do perform the repair. Click image for larger version

Name:	Eflte Radian SB 1.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	44746
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Eflite Radian SB2.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	44747

I agree that this is a major repair that should not have happened. I will speak to Tom and see if Horizon's is looking to offer any form of compensation. For me it will not be a big deal to make the repairs but a Novice might find this to be a bit of a challenge. Folks can always return them for a full refund so that will probably be the answer we get.

Comment

You and I have decades of modeling experience. The focus of great Customer Service is knowing your customer. It looks to me that while writing an SB that is very clear and concise. HH failed to realize what or who the customer base is.

As a Field Service Engineer that was probably the single hardest thing for me to remember. That is what were/are the constraints that the customer is under.

"Folks can always return them for a full refund so that will probably be the answer we get." Even those that have been fly for the last week or so? I'd be surprised.

Comment

I don't have one of these but it sounds like a recall would be more in order in this situation not a service bulletin. It's not that they may have gotten a bad part from a supplier. It's obvious they didn't finish the assembly process.

Comment

Whoever did the final assemble failed to adequately glue the components. A SB is generally the proper vehicle for this as "most modelers" would have no issue with the rework. Horizon has done a nice job with this from a technical perspective. The issue as I see it is that the item now falls outside of the expectation of many of the customer's desires that bought this. So, yes HH needs to recall those that are still on the shelves. And compensate the customer's for a product that doesn't meet with their, the customer's, expectation.

I'm sure HH will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. It is just that I think it should have been said in the SB. And that they should realize that this does diminish the perceived value of the product and offered some compensation for this.

I'm a little surprised that they said all warranty will be disclaimed, if the customer doesn't correct the errors made by HH (or their vendor/ supplier). It is their mistake not the customer's mistake.

Comment

Working...
          X