X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechOne Neptune 64mm EDF Jet/Wing

We had a chance to fly the TechOne Neptune EDF Version and it's a whole lot of fun. Perfect size to toss in the car and go to the field and a really great option for anyone looking to get into EDF's. Anyone else flying one of these?

I've got one of these setup for FPV and it's a blast...matter of fact I'm going out and fly it right now ;)
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I've got one, and there is another one in the club. One of the smoothest flying airframes I've owned. I put a 4S 64 mm fan from Don's RC on mine and my club mate used a 12 blade 64 mm fan from MRC,
      https://www.motionrc.com/collections...6-3500kv-motor
      also on 4S. They were radared at 94 and 95 mph respectively. My fan blew and I put in a 69 mm Habu fan on 5s 3000mah and it was radared at 110 mph. My 5S version weighed twice the specified weight and still flew beautifully, the weight was no problem. It will take off from a smooth grass strip easily in about 20 feet. Wind is not an issue with this plane. Mine is not flying right now due to stupid pilot tricks.There is a thread on RCG, here's a link to the thread and a couple links to mine.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hlight=neptune

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=658

BTW, they fly great stock, but it's hard to resist hot rodding them a bit as it's so easy and cheap to do so.

Comment

Comment

Pilot Ryan, Really enjoying your products. Please don’t underestimate the effect of Robert and Blaz Petrincic videos. Because of their videos tonight I ordered a TechOne. Neptune EDF.

Plan on taking it with me on our two week vacation to Florida.

Keep up the great work.

Best Regards,

Brad Mullins

Comment

Figured I'd snap one of these up. There's only 3 left and been wanting one since last winter. Had to place the order through Motion RC Europe dollars.

Comment

The Techone Neptune is lots of fun. I did need to add some noseweight because the battery bay is so small and can't fit a larger battery than what is recommended. But beyond that it's a great flyer. I think you'll love it!
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Alpha. Now I'm saving up for one of your Corsairs. Hopefully their still in stock by the end of summer. And thanks for the nose weight advise. I've had to cut lots of foam out of alot of my wings, to put the bigger battery in and for nose weight.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190704_150145.jpg
Views:	871
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	204449 I don't think I've seen a model packed as well as this one. Rock solid. I'll build her up next week. Let me know what mods, if anyone has done.

Comment

Busted out nose and lost electronics and battery at New Years Day fly in. A kid on a quad found it in neighboring section to our flying field. It was very windy day today , lots of planes couldn't fly. Rocket build is comming along. lol
                    Attached Files

Comment

Make the access hatch next week. And paint.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I had my EDF fan go full grenade on me this weekend. Shredded the ESC wires, but fortunately no other damage. It just sort of glided gently into the lower branches of a nearby tree. So, I cut channels for CF rods leading both directions away from the battery bay, swapped in an FMS 3150kv 11blade setup and 70A ESC, and now I have a decent 4s/nutso 5s setup. It pulls about 70-72A on 5s static. Hopefully weather will let me try it out soon.

Comment

Wish these were more accessible. There are a few of us at our field that have them and would love to have a pylon racing event featuring these!!!!!

Comment

I had a Neptune for a couple years, loved it, she crashed and burned,,my fault,, last year,,, canot find one except in england, europe, 205.00 shipping with fed ex,,not!!
                            wished usa still sold a shame

Comment

Working...
                            X