X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with motor selecting JP motors for LX models F22 Twin 70mm EDFs

I am thinking of building my LX Model F22 twin 70mm Jet. I have used FMS 1850kc 2860KV motors with Great Success. However, I was thinking of using JP 70 mm EDF motors, but given the high price tag of $360 for a pair at eBay, I am reluctant to buy it and then find out that they draw too much power from a 6S 5000mah Admiral battery. The twin FMS 70 mm motors in my F4 Phantom give me a solid 3 minute flight time. I just wanted to find out if anyone has used these motors in unison and what kind of flight time can be expected from JP 70mm 2060kv 3055 motos?

Hey ddsjoseph, I used those JP fans in an LX SU-47 Berkut, and they gobbled down a single battery in two minutes. Higher kv = higher consumption = shorter duration. If you're happy with your FMS setup in your F-4, I would stay with those for your LX F-22. You'll know more what to expect.

As a tip, I rebuilt my F-22 to be as lightweight as possible. Back then, I used HET 6904s.

Reinforce your wings and landing gear mounts, too. I never used the extra gizmos.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thank you for your wisdom. It will have saved me a great deal of money and disappointment. I definitely would have had buyers remorse.

Comment

Working...
      X