X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of the 2nd F/A18E Hornet Flight

Here is the Video Link for the F/A 18E Hornet EDF Jet Second Flight on Grass. The Version 2. simply powers it way to the air, with minimal stress to the mains. Thus far, I've checked them after each flight and found nothing to be wrong, it's working like it should. Granted most of us know 10 or more flights is when a good through check should be done. Most pilots still perform a range check, although a lot of pilots now take for granted their airplanes are working. (Myself included) Not to speak for others. I have gotten a little lacks on distance check for systems. I used to walk a good 100 feet or close to not seeing the surface movement. Enough, here is the Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URj3IcWDy60

Cheers, Matthew
    Attached Files

RE: Video of the 2nd F/A18E Hornet Flight

Nice!  Man I wish I had a nicer manicured grass field.  Our club's field is bumpy and too small for EDFs.  I flew my F-18 there last weekend and barely lost her on the rotation as she almost ran out of runway.  Great jet!  The guys at my club were "ooooh'ing and "aaaaah'ing" at that 12-blade sound on the low WOT passes something fierce!
    Attached Files
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

RE: Video of the 2nd F/A18E Hornet Flight

Originally posted by Aros
      Nice!  Man I wish I had a nicer manicured grass field.  Our club's field is bumpy and too small for EDFs.  I flew my F-18 there last weekend and barely lost her on the rotation as she almost ran out of runway.  Great jet!  The guys at my club were "ooooh'ing and "aaaaah'ing" at that 12-blade sound on the low WOT passes something fierce!
      Greetings Aros, Yes, it makes a huge difference in the ground grass type and moisture level too. I have to say, with over 7 pounds of thrust, if it didn't take off. I would say there is something else not right...! I have heard of pilots taking much too much runway taking off? I got to talking to others and found out, if your nozzles are pointing down. This can cause the nose to stay down, especially with this new power system. There are marks on the ball nozzles which need to line up, at least close to each line up notch. After you have this jet set. Fire up the thrusters and watch her "Rip" down any runway! I was very impressed with the amount of power this one had with a 6S, 5000mah lipo pack at 40C burst rate. Plus, when your flying over head, the sound is phenomenal and; almost sounds like the true turbine. Well, good chatting at you, enjoy your model. Keep it fun.

Cheers! Matt

Comment

Working...
      X