X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREEWING F-15 PNP

RECEIVED MY FJ30911P FREEWING PNP F-15 2 DAYS EARLY AND ASSEMBLED IT AND IT WILL NOT BIND. WHEN I CONNECT THE BATTERY THE EDF 'BEEPS' BUT THE RECEIVER HAS NO POWER. I HAVE TRIED 2 DIFFERENT BATTERIES AND 3 DIFFERENT RECEIVERS. THATS PROBLEM 1. PROBLEM 2 IS THAT THERE ARE NO WIRES COMING OUT OF EITHER OF THE 2 JUNCTION BOXES TO CONNECT TO THE PLUG AND CIRCUIT BOARD ATTACHED TO THE BATTERY LEADS IN THE PLANE. I ASSUME THE 3 PIN CONNECTOR WITH ONLY 2 WIRES COMING OFF THE CIRCUIT BOARD ATTACHED TO YOUR BATTERY CORD IS FOR THE LIGHTS BUT THERE IS NOTHING FOR IT TO PLUG INTO AND THERE IS NO WIRING DIAGRAM IN THE INSTRUCTIONS I CAN FIND. ALL THE LIGHT WIRES FROM THE PLANE APPEAR TO PLUG INTO THOSE 2 SIDE JUNCTION BOARDS BUT NO LIGHT WIRE COMING OUT OF IT. PRETTY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS ONE. ANYONE ELSE HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS?

The circuit board connected to the battery leads is your BEC, which powers your receiver...plug it into any free port or use a "Y" cable with it and your bind plug until it binds then just plug it into the bind port.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Very often 6S and higher voltage rated, high current ESCs will not have a BEC built in, so just plugging the ESC to the throttle channel won't power the RX.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

See the picture of your ESC (or one that should be very much like it)
      The lighter wires coming off the main battery connector go to the external BEC

You could also clip that off and use a separate receiver battery. 2 cell LiFe would be typical.

There are advantages and disadvantages to using the BEC VS using the separate battery. The main issue usually being weight. The separate RX battery is heavier than the BEC board.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
      X