Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirage 2000 Completed by Matt

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirage 2000 Completed by Matt

Hello Pilots, For those of you flying the Freewing or FMS Jets, these new 80mm models are fantastic! I received mine Friday during work, so I had to finish my day before building her. This one is very easy to put together, screws and glue for the small details. I had it built is 1 hour, I used 30 minute epoxy on the rear thrust nozzle and hot glue for the misc small parts. This particular jet I hold dear to my heart, it was a model my dad had given me. I was sent to an orphanage with my brother when I was 5 years old. My father and his wife at the time were having trouble with kids being from another woman. So, he didn't tell my mother and off we went. The crazy thing about those places is the kids! The 17 year old can't leave until they are 18. So, my airplane, radio, watch and; pretty much everything I came with was stolen right off the bat. I never saw the airplane again, in fact I don't think I knew the name back then. When I saw this one available it brought back some old memories indeed. I can't wait to fly this one, I used to run around the yard imagining what it would be like to fly such a awesome airplane. Enough of the old news and; the life and times of Matthew Adams" or Maryan, ha! I've had many, good times as well. Like now, I work for a great company and; super descent people. I helps to surround your self with people who enjoy the RC Hobby, I know it's my hobby for the rest of my time. I'll be sleeping On airplanes before long though, they're stacking up. Well, if you have any questions, let me know, I'd be happy to help!

Matt, Motion RC Customer Service Dude!  
    Attached Files

RE: Mirage 2000 Completed by Matt

Originally posted by starcop,Great looking plane!! Those drop tanks are very big.  Detail of the plane is very cool.
    Hello Pilots, For those of you flying the Freewing or FMS Jets, these new 80mm models are fantastic! I received mine Friday during work, so I had to finish my day before building her. This one is very easy to put together, screws and glue for the small details. I had it built is 1 hour, I used 30 minute epoxy on the rear thrust nozzle and hot glue for the misc small parts. This particular jet I hold dear to my heart, it was a model my dad had given me. I was sent to an orphanage with my brother when I was 5 years old. My father and his wife at the time were having trouble with kids being from another woman. So, he didn't tell my mother and off we went. The crazy thing about those places is the kids! The 17 year old can't leave until they are 18. So, my airplane, radio, watch and; pretty much everything I came with was stolen right off the bat. I never saw the airplane again, in fact I don't think I knew the name back then. When I saw this one available it brought back some old memories indeed. I can't wait to fly this one, I used to run around the yard imagining what it would be like to fly such a awesome airplane. Enough of the old news and; the life and times of Matthew Adams" or Maryan, ha! I've had many, good times as well. Like now, I work for a great company and; super descent people. I helps to surround your self with people who enjoy the RC Hobby, I know it's my hobby for the rest of my time. I'll be sleeping On airplanes before long though, they're stacking up. Well, if you have any questions, let me know, I'd be happy to help!

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon, Thanks! Yes, they are pretty large, they come off very easy and; that\'s a good thing too. I'm really going to enjoy fling this one.
      Originally posted by starcop,Great looking plane!! Those drop tanks are very big.  Detail of the plane is very cool.

Comment

Feeling more comfortable flying my Mirage
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWrqOUPSVK4&feature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by urrl
          Feeling more comfortable flying my Mirage
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWrqOUPSVK4&feature=youtu.be
          Yeah, the Mirage flies and handles like no other. It took me quite a number of flights to dial in the optimun cg and throws but once in it really flew great, especially the high delta landings. Those big wing tanks act as a good buffer and protects the retracts for those less than perfect landings. I still cannot get over how much throw you have to take out of the ail. they are really sensitive.
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by CT View Post

Yeah, the Mirage flies and handles like no other. It took me quite a number of flights to dial in the optimun cg and throws but once in it really flew great, especially the high delta landings. Those big wing tanks act as a good buffer and protects the retracts for those less than perfect landings. I still cannot get over how much throw you have to take out of the ail. they are really sensitive.
            Chris
            I'm interested to know where you have the CG at. I had a disastrous maiden flight and lost the plane. I balanced it toward the front of the cg range and could barely get it off the ground. It only got worse when I tried to turn. Even through I dialed the ailerons down to 7mm they were to sensitive for the nose heavy condition. It augured in and there was literally nothing left. It broke the board on my receiver and my gyro. It bent the Lipo and tore the wires out of a nose retract and steering servos. I'll be checking out the rest of the servos, ESC, fan, and motor soon.
            I'm looking to get another and I'd really like to know where your CG is and what your throws are. I really don't want another fiasco. I've seen so many great videos of this plane I know I will enjoy it if I get the chance to get it trimmed out.
            I must say that this is the first time that watching the Motion RC video didn't help. I tried putting my 6s 4000 even with the inlets and the plane was about an inch ahead of the forward CG point. I moved the battery all the way back and it lined up at the forward balance point. Next time I'll put the Radio and the Gyro behind the battery and move the battery all the way back and hopefully that will be enough.
            Thank you for your help.

Comment

Your story was touching and it is really unfortunate what happened. If the Mirage 2000 is that close and dear to you then you might also be interested in flying one in a simulator from the pilots cockpit. Luckily a Mirage 2000C module was released not too long ago for DCS (Digital Combat Simulator). DCS features some of the most realistic military aircraft with fully functional systems. You can download DCS World for free and it comes with an Su-25T and TF-51D. But you will have to buy the Mirage 2000C module to add it to DCS World. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...odules/m2000c/

I have the F-86F Sabre and A-10C Modules and they are very interesting and joy to fly.

Comment

Working...
              X