X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have the Dynam Meteor?

Hey Guys-I am thinking about the Dynam Meteor, but I don't see a lot of posts about this one, or too many flight videos on-line. Have any of you bought this plane, and if so, what are your impressions? Does it compare to the Habu?

Thanks!

RE: Anyone have the Dynam Meteor?

Originally posted by Loneflier
    Hey Guys-I am thinking about the Dynam Meteor, but I don't see a lot of posts about this one, or too many flight videos on-line. Have any of you bought this plane, and if so, what are your impressions? Does it compare to the Habu?

Thanks!
    I bought one a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. The quality might be slightly less than the Habu but the price is lower too. Another good value EDF is the Dynam Turbo Jet. I think I enjoyed the Turbo Jet more than the Meteor but would recommend both.

Comment

Originally posted by dontop

Thanks!
      I bought one a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. The quality might be slightly less than the Habu but the price is lower too. Another good value EDF is the Dynam Turbo Jet. I think I enjoyed the Turbo Jet more than the Meteor but would recommend both.
      Thanks dontop- I will take a look at the Turbo Jet too. I noticed that Freewing also has a new Rebel 70mm that looks similar to the Meteor, and does come with flaps and retracts as well. So far, my only EDF experience is with the UMX Habu and the Freewing F9F Panther. Both fly well but I want to expand a bit into something a bit faster. 

Comment

Hello Loneflyer, The new Rebel by Freewing is hats off the way to go for this style of EDF. Freewing is the best manufacture of EDF jets in the industry right now. Their jets fly super, their detail is off the charts better looking than most. The Dynam is a perfect choice if you want to learn how to fly a certain airframe. It also covers the person who wants a good airplane and a fair price! Sure, Dynam has some minor issues, noting that can't be fixed with a little paint or glue. For the most part, Dynam is actually not that bad, they fly well and hold up fine too. To cover most of what your looking for, just look at the price and which do you want this for.

Have fun most of all. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by starcop
          Hello Loneflyer, The new Rebel by Freewing is hats off the way to go for this style of EDF. Freewing is the best manufacture of EDF jets in the industry right now. Their jets fly super, their detail is off the charts better looking than most. The Dynam is a perfect choice if you want to learn how to fly a certain airframe. It also covers the person who wants a good airplane and a fair price! Sure, Dynam has some minor issues, noting that can't be fixed with a little paint or glue. For the most part, Dynam is actually not that bad, they fly well and hold up fine too. To cover most of what your looking for, just look at the price and which do you want this for.

Thanks Matt,

I am definitely leaning towards the Rebel now. With all the extra features, and recommendations, I am planning to order this one very soon. I like several of the Dynam lineup, especially the ME-262, but want a bit more EDF experience before I commit to a twin engine EDF.

Rich

Comment

Thanks Matt,

I am definitely leaning towards the Rebel now. With all the extra features, and recommendations, I am planning to order this one very soon. I like several of the Dynam lineup, especially the ME-262, but want a bit more EDF experience before I commit to a twin engine EDF.

Rich
            The Rebel looks good and Freewing makes good stuff. My only issue with it is it's fairly small. Large planes tend to fly better than small planes. I have the Dynam ME-262 and it is an awesome plane. Large, easy to see in the air and easy to fly. I wouldn't be afraid to move up to it. The only thing to avoid with it is full throttle take-offs. The under wing motors and low thrust line can push the nose up high and cause a stall if you don't watch it. Half throttle works well for take-offs. The Freewing ME-262 is also excellent but more expensive. I pretty much stopped buying small planes because the larger ones handle better. Check out the Freewing Stinger 90 and the Taft ViperJet 90 for the future. Both are excellent. Don't let twin motors scare you. Twins are not more difficult to fly and like they say, size matters. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dontop

Thanks Matt,

Rich
              The Rebel looks good and Freewing makes good stuff. My only issue with it is it's fairly small. Large planes tend to fly better than small planes. I have the Dynam ME-262 and it is an awesome plane. Large, easy to see in the air and easy to fly. I wouldn't be afraid to move up to it. The only thing to avoid with it is full throttle take-offs. The under wing motors and low thrust line can push the nose up high and cause a stall if you don't watch it. Half throttle works well for take-offs. The Freewing ME-262 is also excellent but more expensive. I pretty much stopped buying small planes because the larger ones handle better. Check out the Freewing Stinger 90 and the Taft ViperJet 90 for the future. Both are excellent. Don't let twin motors scare you. Twins are not more difficult to fly and like they say, size matters. Good luck.
              Thanks for the encouragement on the ME-262. That is the jet I am working towards. I have a good bit of warbird experience in all sizes from UMX, FMS800mm, 1100mm, and 1400mm wingspans, all with props. The only EDF experience I have is with the UMX Habu and the Freewing Panther. I can fly both with no issues and really enjoy them. I am tempted to skip the "training" step with the Meteor or Rebel and go straight for the ME-262. If I do that, it would have to be the Dynam though. I know the FW is a more advanced plane with nicer features, but can't bring myself to commit to nearly 400.00 for a single plane. Since I know that anything can happen to one, I try to only fly those planes that I can afford to lose without breaking the bank!

Comment

That's the way I feel about planes too . I found that when I'm not so finically invested I fly better . The nervousness is a lot less . I do love lots of those beauties but my wallet doesn't. Also found I look at planes I have batteries for . They are very expensive when you add two or more . 
                Really can't decide between the Meteor or Turbo Twin . Let me know what you do . Rocketeer has a few  and I know he bought the Turbo Twin not sure about the other . 

Bryan 
                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Hi H64,

I actually ended up going with the Rebel this time. I also bought the ME-262 on the Black Friday specials, but am holding it back until I get more proficient at flying the EDFs that I have now. I have added a couple to my flight line now, with the F9F, MIG-15, and also a big flying wing called the Neptune also with a 64mmEDF on it. All are good flying planes. The wing is by far the easiest to fly, and fun too. Kind of looks like the B-2 on those low fast fly-bys! I haven't built the Rebel yet, but hope to get it in the air soon.

Right now, I am finishing up a really nice Dynam ME-109 that I am looking forward to taking out for the maiden this week. I am kind of cheating a bit and using one of the HK Orange 6 channel receivers with the 3 axis gyro built in. All is working great, just need for the weather to break so I can try it out!

Good luck with your decision. Rocketeer has the twin turbo and said he was happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X