Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angels A-4 Second Color Scheme Poll

Hey guys,

Who, besides me, would LOVE to see Freewing/Motion release a factory Blue Angels schemed A-4?

I know that having two color schemes for the popular planes works out very well (70mm F-16, 90mm F-16, 70mm BAE T1 etc,) and I think the Blue Angels scheme is hands down the best look on the A-4.

I've seen a lot of us paint them themselves to achieve this look, but having it as a factory option would be awesome!

Who's with me? :)
    Attached Files
    Yes, I'd love to buy a Factory Blue Angels A-4
    76.47%
    No, I'm fine with being Gray and Boring haha!
    23.53%

Though I already made my own, I would still like to see the factory produce one. There were guys at eWeek saying they were holding out for a Blue Angels version. C'mon Freewing, the Scooter never looked better than when it was done up as a Blue Angel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8346.jpeg
Views:	1287
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	110767

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      Though I already made my own, I would still like to see the factory produce one. There were guys at eWeek saying they were holding out for a Blue Angels version. C'mon Freewing, the Scooter never looked better than when it was done up as a Blue Angel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8346.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	245.9 KB ID:	110767
      Awesome! I hear that a lot at my field too, but couldn't wait.

Yup, we made our own as well, but would definitely buy a factory version.
      Plus, having BA spare parts would rock! :)

Comment

Well, now that I've spent the time, effort and money to do my own, I'm not as interested in a factory version. Plus, I don't know about you guys, but I have to keep mine out of the direct sunlight so it won't gator. I'm also guessing that's why they didn't do a BA in the first place. Finally, if the factory did a BA scheme, then everyone would have one, thus ours wouldn't be as elite as the full scales once were.:)

Sean

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
            Well, now that I've spent the time, effort and money to do my own, I'm not as interested in a factory version. Plus, I don't know about you guys, but I have to keep mine out of the direct sunlight so it won't gator. I'm also guessing that's why they didn't do a BA in the first place. Finally, if the factory did a BA scheme, then everyone would have one, thus ours wouldn't be as elite as the full scales once were.:)

Sean
            There's a lot of truth in that... Damn lol

Comment

I will buy 1000% guaranteed. I was hoping and waiting for a BA scheme to come. That is how I first saw the BA as a kid. Please make it so!
              Indoor Free Flight columnist for Model Aviation magazine
              Jets columnist for Park Pilot magazine

Comment

I had a BYRON ORIGINALS A-4 nitro powered ducted fan done in BLUE ANGELS scheme back in the early 1980s. It had a fiberglass fuse with foam wings and tail, Rossi 90 on a pipe powered it.It had electric retracts and looked pretty good but was heavy and didn't fly very good . Anybody out there remember those days? Byron Originals had quite a line of different foam and fiberglass models such as Pitts special and Christian Eagle biplanes , P51 ,P47 P40 and other warbirds. Anyway I too would like to see the A-4 or the F-18 done in Blue Angels colors. It would be easy for Freewing to come out with these since they're already in the line.

Comment

Originally posted by SWOFLY View Post
                  I had a BYRON ORIGINALS A-4 nitro powered ducted fan done in BLUE ANGELS scheme back in the early 1980s. It had a fiberglass fuse with foam wings and tail, Rossi 90 on a pipe powered it.It had electric retracts and looked pretty good but was heavy and didn't fly very good . Anybody out there remember those days? Byron Originals had quite a line of different foam and fiberglass models such as Pitts special and Christian Eagle biplanes , P51 ,P47 P40 and other warbirds. Anyway I too would like to see the A-4 or the F-18 done in Blue Angels colors. It would be easy for Freewing to come out with these since they're already in the line.
                  I do remember those days...My first ducted fan jet was a Bob Violet A-4 with K&B 7.5 cc on a pipe back in the early 80's.

Comment

Hey RCjetdude it's good to here that there is still some old guys out there that remember the times when this hobby wasn't anything like it is today. So many products and so much easier and less expensive to fly all types of models including ducted fan jets. Over the years I've owned and flown everything from sport nitro powered to giant scale and helicopters. Just recently got into EDF, one of the guys in my club got a Freewing F18 then an Avanti and now an F16. I jumped on board with a Stinger 90 and I'm hooked. Next one I'm looking to get is the T-45.

Comment

After reading the "how to paint foam with house paint " forum I'm considering buying an F-18 and painting it Blue Angels style . Where did you get those Blue Angel decals?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post
                        Hey guys,

Who, besides me, would LOVE to see Freewing/Motion release a factory Blue Angels schemed A-4?

I know that having two color schemes for the popular planes works out very well (70mm F-16, 90mm F-16, 70mm BAE T1 etc,) and I think the Blue Angels scheme is hands down the best look on the A-4.

I've seen a lot of us paint them themselves to achieve this look, but having it as a factory option would be awesome!

Who's with me? :)
                        I would DEFINITELY buy an A-4 right now if it was available in the Blue Angels scheme! That's the ONLY reason I haven't bought one. The grey military scheme is nice, but it's just like every other grey military jet, of which there are quite a few. I don't want to do a paint job as I have way too many other projects going and don't have time. Ideally a Blue Angels version would come without the tail number applied, and give the buyer an option as to what tail number to put on it. Years ago I saw the Blue Angels put on their Low Show with the A-4's, and I've never gotten over it. I've seen the Blues fly the F-11 Tiger, the F-4 Phantom, the A-4 Skyhawk, and the F-18 Hornet, and the A-4 is my favorite of all of those jets. Alpha, anything you can do to get a Blue Angels version made would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

Whatever happened to the Bob Villot air show? That re-enactment was wicked cool.Yes, that color scheme is pretty cool for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hotdogx View Post

I would DEFINITELY buy an A-4 right now if it was available in the Blue Angels scheme! That's the ONLY reason I haven't bought one. The grey military scheme is nice, but it's just like every other grey military jet, of which there are quite a few. I don't want to do a paint job as I have way too many other projects going and don't have time. Ideally a Blue Angels version would come without the tail number applied, and give the buyer an option as to what tail number to put on it. Years ago I saw the Blue Angels put on their Low Show with the A-4's, and I've never gotten over it. I've seen the Blues fly the F-11 Tiger, the F-4 Phantom, the A-4 Skyhawk, and the F-18 Hornet, and the A-4 is my favorite of all of those jets. Alpha, anything you can do to get a Blue Angels version made would be GREATLY appreciated.
                            Yup... Hands down, the best scheme for the A-4!

Comment

Callie has the decals. As for those good old days I built a Ziroli Panther with OS90/Ramtec combo -- good grief you even had to have the needle valve on its own channel. Had a Parkinson F-18 OS40/Midwest fan in B/A colors. Still have my Midwest foam A-4, now electrified and in B/A colors. As for Byron, had the Christen Eagle with smoke and their Glassair, both magical flyers. Managed to hit the Byron show in Ida Grove twice, coincidently while on business trips !

Comment

Working...
                              X