Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have photos and tips on Fly Fly Hawker Hunter 90mm EDF Build?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have photos and tips on Fly Fly Hawker Hunter 90mm EDF Build?

I am waiting for a Fly Fly Hawker Hunter 90mm EDF to arrive within the next 2 weeks. If anyone has had the pleasure or discontent of building this model, I would love to hear your comments. This will allow me to not make the unnecessary mistakes during my build. I am an experienced builder, however one can never stop learning from other peoples success and tribulations.

Will it be a "simple" build for a 6s drive train or are you planning to go for a "JePe" style build with glassed surfaces?

Mine was built from a white kit purchased from JePe with additional wood parts and a 3D-printed nozzle. In addition, I've closed the cheater hole. Powered by a JePe 8s Fan and 2x4s 5000 LiPos. Lots of work but a fantastic model.

Here is a video, the Hunter appears from time to time...
    FormationsflugCreated with MAGIX Video deluxe 2015 Plus (32-Bit)

Comment

Here's mine, still going strong after 4+ years.
      As Radar-Guy said, she's a fantastic model, but the kit shows its age.
      I did a semi-Jepe style build with wooden trailing edge sections and a glass/wbpu finish.
      Mine is for 6s 5000mAh packs and has a Mercury 90 fan unit (amazing fan!) and goes like stink!!
      I've temporarily removed the undercarriage due to site conditions and bungee launch it from a dolly, which is drama-free.
      Once airborne the Hunter flies on rails and is neutrally stable...perfect!
      One thing to look out for before you begin construction is wing panel warping...easy to straighten before building using gentle heat, but decidedly tricky once glassed and painted (guess how I found this out?)
      It's well worth the effort though and never fails to draw attention wherever she's flown.

Keep us all posted.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen,

Nice flying videos. Beautiful Jet! I should be getting my KIT from Hobby88 within the next two weeks. Will post my own version of the build, taking into account your assembly.

Comment

If you are going for a "heavy" version with retracts I strongly recommend to spend the extra work and servos to add split flaps. This is the only thing I'm missing on mine.

Comment

Will Certainly do !
            Thx Fellas

Comment

Here's a great build thread from my friend Eric, a very experienced modeler and pilot:

Tom

Comment

Thanks, Tom . Much appreciated!

Comment

I don't agree on it requiring flaps. Mine has many flights and lands very precisely without flaps. Flying with an XRP 90mm 13/14 blade fan which makes a very quiet whine sound in that long duct. I did add balsa trailing edges to all flying surfaces as the molded ones are quite thick and it also helps keep the surfaces from warping. You will need to do some work at the fuse/wing junction -- is pretty crude fit compared with todays stuff. All in all a very nice model to fly even if it requires some effort to finish -- isn't that what modelling is about anyway ?
                  My retracts are from a Freewing F-86. I am also on my third color scheme -- it is now WB-188, the proto Hunter, in Duck Egg green.

I too used 4Stripes thread to piggy back on as far as build and power selection.

Hope all goes well and the maiden is a success

Comment

Working...
                  X