X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS-70MM EDF,''Blue angels F4 phantom''

Hi guys,I have always had a soft spot for the Phantom II,I watched them fly at air shows,back around 1970.I have the FMS Blue angles F18 64mm,and just love it!!! The only thing that I don't like about them, is they don't have rudder servos..I use rudder as much as elevator,''probably from all the years, flying gliders''... Anyway, FMS-F4's, FI8's, and F16's, are very popular. If you guys get these in, I will convince the boss, ''for one'' ...<smiley image="smiley_grin.gif"/> P/S, all these jets have-or had, the tiger meet paint scheme options, ''which is very colorful,'' and highly visible.....

Re: FMS-70MM EDF,''Blue angels F4 phantom''

''Hi TOM''<smiley image="smiley_happy.gif"/> ..I really like the V2 - F4 version,you guys have now.!!The only thing that I could suggest for improvements, would be,, a rudder,,,and a twin nose wheel strut set up,,''and get rid of the curvy pilot''... I have been checking out the forums on this basic plane..Everyone really likes MRC,,and the 70mm F4,,,but wishes for more color options,from you guys, on this model.. ..''<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>..Thanx..I74

Comment

One thing that I need to emphasize on,, is my theory of why others are requesting more color options on this plane...'''UPPER MIDDLE AGE''' !!! ''Like myself''... My FMS Blueangels F18, is a handfull somtimes, trying to stay orientated with it ,because of the mostly blue scheme..It has added white angled stipes on the bottom,and the whole plane is gloss clearcoated,,to brighten it up....The gloss and stripes did help some,,as long as you keep it within 70-80 yards each side of you....<smiley image="anim_crazy.gif"/><smiley image="smiley_grin.gif"/>...P/S...''I'am shure, any comments on this subject,would be more than entertaining''!!!<smiley image="smiley_happy.gif"/>

Comment

Consider it done. We will have the other color schemes. They will be on order in the next day or two.

As for the rudder, it would be nice. I'm not sure it is possible (weight) but I would like to see many more options/accessories/"nice to haves" on jets this size (70mm). We shall see if it is possible.

Comment

The rudder servo set up on the F4,,,I would think they could incorporate it easly, like the FMS/Freewing-F16s....''Thanx Tom''..<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>..I74

Comment

awesome -- when you say "on order" - I am assuming that means your order from Freewing?

Comment

Since it's an FMS plane, it's probably on order with FMS...
              Hangar: 90mm F16, 90mm F-15, 80mm Mirage, 90mm F-18, 1400mm P-40, 64mm F-22

RIP: 80mm F-14

Comment

dohhh -- meant fms -- typed freewing

Comment

I have been doing research on the V1 version,at R/C groups.They talk alot about the issue with the thrust angle,making the plane pitch up violantly,and creating a possible ''death hover''..The reason for this, is that the thrust angle is pointed up..Has this been addressed with the V2 version??..Thanx..I74

Comment

This F-4 doesn't need a rudder. You could always add one if you "wanted" it.

The v2 is very nice with the 10-blade setup and the 70A ESC - too bad they didn't go with EPO, but the EPS is light and rigid and it had good speed and performance with the 5-blade fan.

Motion has mentioned that they were going to be getting other paint schemes in, so keep an eye out.

There has been no mention of the mold changing especially sense they kept with EPS. So the thrust angle issue is probably still there. I had one death hover, but the jet was well powered before on 5-blade, and pulled itself out of it. You just have to be aware of it and never give full throttle at slow speeds. Especially with no altitude. The plus is, it takes off in a very short distance. I would actually hold down elevator to build up more speed before letting it leave the ground. Once in the air and at speed the thurst angle could not be noticed.
                    Hangar: 90mm F16, 90mm F-15, 80mm Mirage, 90mm F-18, 1400mm P-40, 64mm F-22

RIP: 80mm F-14

Comment

''All jets fly better w / rudder''.<smiley image="smiley_happy.gif"

Comment

Hi Tom & MarK... I was wondering if there will be a hardware kit offered for this jet at some point?? I'am throwing around buying the pieces,and adding my own stuff,,so I won't have to carve out the batt. cavity,for a 2500,''or larger''pack.. That way I could run a 2200 pack,and keep it lighter also,'' basicly make it a V1''... Lastly,,Piecing my own airframe together,will allow me to pick and choose my own decals,and I won't have to worry about pulling paint on the ones that I want removed..''Refering to the grey F4 scheme'', when you get it... Ian

Comment

Hi Tom. I have a question about the V2 F4... Since the 2500 pack will not fit without removing a bunch of material, I did some research on 2450 - 2800 4S packs that will... The packs width and height, are about the same dimensions as your 2200 4S ''Pro'' pack,and the only other differance is that they are about 10 - 15mm longer.. Will you guys be getting any packs like this at some point??? A 2650 at about 115mm long,and the same height and width as your 2200 pro,would be perfect.<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>..''There is a ton of other planes that will love this size pack also... ''Thanks for taking care of me on my last order''.. Ian .. P/S,,''Whats the ETA on the other F4 schemes''???

Comment

Hi Ian. The gray F4 has been in stock for a couple weeks now. Battery packs sizes are directly related to their mAh and C rating. There is no such thing as a smaller pack or nano pack. The only way to make a pack smaller is to remove C rating or remove mAh. If there is a 2500 to 2800 pack the size of our 2200, that is likely because it is either a 2200 pack with a 2800 label or it is a very low C rating. I will take a look at the battery cavity and perhaps ask FMS to revise it. I don't know if they will or not because it is expensive to revise a mold.

Comment

Tom, you now have me confused<smiley image="anim_confused.gif"/>.. Your 2500 4s 30c pack is135mm long,21mm tall,44mm wide,and weighs 262g.. The other example packs are alot taller,and weigh more... The Predator 2600 4s 35c pack by FMS,is 119mm long, 37.5mm tall,35mm wide,and weighs 295g. The Grayson Gold 2600 4s 30c pack is - 115mm long,33.75 tall, 33.4wide,and weighs 272g.. The Sky Lipo 2650 4s 30c pack is 113.67 long, 35.24 tall, 34 wide,and weighs 292g... I know this pack has metal plates in it also, for supposed heat transfer.. .. Ian

Comment

What are you confused about? We measure the length, width, height, on super accurate equipment so our measurements are accurate. I know recall any metal plates in out batteries. We were at the factory watching them make the batteries. I don't ever recall a metal plate. Size differences are attributed to the mAh rating. If one is thinner, it must then be longer. If it is fatter, it can be shorter. Finally, the difference can be attributed to how much material is used to wrap the layers which make up each cell. Also, how well did the factory get the air out of each cell. The Admiral cells are made in a spacial chamber (pressure controlled, humidity controlled, temp controlled) to make sure every last drop of air is out of the cell and it is nice and tight. I'm not sure how the other batteries are made. We asked the manufacturer to go to every length to make the batteries light but we also make sure they are enough layers in each cell for a good C rating.

Comment

Tom, great info on your manufactures quality build process..I still have 2 Admiral 4s 2500s,that work 100%.. The Sky lipo 2650 pack,, was what I referenced for the metal plates... What I'am getting at is,,, other manufactures build packs, that the cells are taller, and less wide, to make up the differance.. ''Please check out the Predator 2600 4s pack'', from FMS, and let me Know what your thoughts are on it... Ian

Comment

The ultimate solution is to have a properly size battery compartment. I've asked FMS to make it larger!

Comment

Tom,
                                      I agree the battery compartment should be larger to accommodate a battery that will give decent flight times and performance.

Ed~

Comment

Working...
                                      X