X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Lander F9F-8 Cougar

Was just given a RC Lander F9F-8 Cougar EDF. It has no electronics, servos, ESC or Power Unit. I guess what I'm looking for is a power unit and appropriate ESC. I'd like to build this kit and try to get it flying. I'm a MotionRC customer, so would like to purchase what they carry. Here's what the box has on it: Wing Span 880mm, Length 1000mm, Height 300mm, Flying weight 1350g, Servos 9gX9pcs, Power system Brushless EDF 68-1A, ESC 60A or above, Radio 5-6 channel, Battery LiPo 14.8v/4s 3300mAH or above, LiPo 22.2v/6s 2500mAh or above. It does have mechanical retracts installed, so there's a plus. Don't know anything about the kit. Looked it up on web but found the Manufactures web site a little lacking in info. Any help or comments would be appreciated. Dutch

You know the size and weight of the plane and you know some of the specs for it. Personally, if it were my plane, I'd go to the MotionRC site and check out other planes of a similar size and weight that take a 70mm EDF. Now decide if you want a 4s system or a 6s system. This may depend on what kind of runway you have. A paved runway doesn't need so much power to get off the ground, while a grass runway can use all the power you can get. There are many 4s and 6s 70mm jets on the website. Find one that is close to what you have and buy the ESC and fan/motor as a spare part. Also take note of what size battery a plane like that uses for a reasonable flight time.

Comment

Thanks xviper. Appreciate the advice. I did look them over and either flying weight too light or too heavy. But, think I might have found a setup that will produce good results. A compromise of sorts. At my flying field there are several who want to fly this if I can put it all together, I guess I want everyone to get used the handling but don't want to kill anyone! I have Motions' F-86, T-45, A-4 and just ordered the F-4. Again, thanks. Dutch

Comment

In my mind, over-powered is better than under-powered, so pick a drivetrain from a bigger, heavier plane.

Comment

Working...
        X