X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-10 80 MM Third place at AMA expo East

I got the 80MM A-10 in December, and detailed it to the last A-10 that I worked on at Pope AFB NC. Her tail number is 79-204. I used a vinyl cutter to do the letters and numbers. I put the names of the pilot,,the ACC, and myself on her side. I made wheel chocks and gear pin streamers. Over all she was very detailed. I have more pictures at home that can show things in detail Ill post later tonight.

She looks awesome! Congratulations! And, thank you for your service. :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by a10a9204 View Post
      I got the 80MM A-10 in December, and detailed it to the last A-10 that I worked on at Pope AFB NC. Her tail number is 79-204. I used a vinyl cutter to do the letters and numbers. I put the names of the pilot,,the ACC, and myself on her side. I made wheel chocks and gear pin streamers. Over all she was very detailed. I have more pictures at home that can show things in detail Ill post later tonight.
      Congratulations and welcome to Hobby Squawk!
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Her Tail

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
          She looks awesome! Congratulations! And, thank you for your service. :Cool:
          What he said! :Cool:
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Very nice work... congrats on the podium finish! :Cool:
            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

:Cool:.
              AMA 424553

Comment

Welcome to the Squawk. I saw it in person at the Expo. You did a great job with it. A lot of folks were checking it out. :Cool:

Comment

Don’t take this the wrong way but I was at the expo and saw your A10 there, although yes was happy to see it on display, but as far as taking time and adding scale features like panel lines, ladder or some weathering with the lights on, would’ve been nice to see that you at least made effort putting the bird on display. In the past your jet wouldn’t of even won anything there, because the show was being judged by real scale model enthusiasts that had amazing scale aircraft on display, formally the WRAM show now AMA East show, I once battled for best electric scale aircraft with an actual flying Batman jet with lights and all and never even won nothing, meanwhile it was one of the most attention grabbing photographed aircraft at the show! And you show up with a PNP MotionRC manufactured jet and get 3rd place, smh. Sorry to sound crabby but the efforts I’ve made for that show in the past to not even win nothing kind of irks me a bit. Congrats, mod it up next time please.

Comment

To the OP -
                    Wow! Looks great! Congrats! :Cool:

And to the person posting immediately before I did -

Wow :(

Comment

I saw that Batman plane at Toledo in 2013, it was the most incredible thing I've seen. I took a few pics which I drug up from my hard drive. I'm sorry to hear it didn't garner a prize.

I guess the fact that the A10 won 3rd place is at least a nod of the head to the quality of the plane right out of the box and of course A10a9204's efforts to add some fine detail.

Very good job, both of you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130405_171050.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	121973Click image for larger version

Name:	20130405_170823.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	121972
                      Attached Files
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                      X